2006-11-03 12:49:27

by Christian Mager

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluetooth-alsa and HAMA BTH-155

Hello,

I followed the instructions of bluetooth-alsa.sf.net to get my bt
headset work but pairing doesn't work so far. snd_bt_sco is loaded and
when I run btsco I get the following output:

$ btsco -v 00:13:8A:04:A3:43
btsco v0.42
Device is 1:0
Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
Assuming channel 2

Voice setting: 0x0060
Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied

Yes, I have restarted /etc/init.d/bluez-utils. I also started btsco as
root but same result. Pairing the headset with my cell phone works, but
it asks for a pin, btsco desn't. Could this cause the problem? In
/etc/blueooth/hci.conf there is 'pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;' and 'lm
accept;'.

On your project site you wrote, that the following information could be
useful for you:

- Output of hciconfig -a:

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0F:B3:98:88:2E ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:790 acl:0 sco:0 events:63 errors:0
TX bytes:814 acl:0 sco:0 commands:43 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'chica-0'
Class: 0x3e0100
Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x222 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
0x222
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

- Output from hciconfig hci0 revision:

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0F:B3:98:88:2E ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
Build 546
Chip version: BlueCore02-External
Max key size: 128 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

- Output of hcitool info 00:13:8A:04:A3:43:

Requesting information ...
Can't create connection: Input/output error

- Systeminformation: Debian Sarge, Kernel 2.6.17.11 (self compiled),
bluez-utils 2.15-1.1

If you need more info just let me know.

Could it be possible that my headset itself doesn't work with
bluetooth-alsa? I would be very happy if someone could help me. Any
ideas how to solve this?

Greets, Christian Mager.

by Christian Mager

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] bluetooth-alsa and HAMA BTH-155

Hi!

VANatFortuna amarnath schrieb:
> i am not able to solve this problem , can u help me how could you solve
> this.

for me Reiner Klenk's tip running "xhost +" before btsco worked fine.
After that I didn't have problems.

Greets, Chris.

by Marcel Hilzinger

Am Freitag, 10. November 2006 15:05 schrieb VANatFortuna amarnath:
> hi Christian !
> I am vey new to BlueZ and even bluetooth. I am trying to configure
> bluetooth headset to 'skype' to make calls. and i downloaded both 'alsa
> project' and 'btsco' and i followed as per the instruction. and even
> bt-utils(3.7).
>
> But while running
> #btsco <my headset addr>
> i am facing the same proble what u faced.
> -------------------
> Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
> Assuming channel 2
>
> Voice setting: 0x0060
> Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied

Which distro are you using? Some of them do pairing automatically, others n=
ot. =

under edgy e.g you have to install bluez-passkey-gnome

-- =

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG
S=FCskindstr. 4
D-81929 M=FCnchen
Tel: +49 (89) 99 34 11 0
Fax: +49 (89) 99 34 11 99

by VANatFortuna amarnath

--------------------------------

i am not able to solve this problem , can u help me how could you solve
this.

Thanx in adwance.
Amarnath
On 11/3/06, Christian Mager <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I followed the instructions of bluetooth-alsa.sf.net to get my bt
> headset work but pairing doesn't work so far. snd_bt_sco is loaded and
> when I run btsco I get the following output:
>
> $ btsco -v 00:13:8A:04:A3:43
> btsco v0.42
> Device is 1:0
> Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Permission denied
> Assuming channel 2
>
> Voice setting: 0x0060
> Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Permission denied
>
> Yes, I have restarted /etc/init.d/bluez-utils. I also started btsco as
> root but same result. Pairing the headset with my cell phone works, but
> it asks for a pin, btsco desn't. Could this cause the problem? In
> /etc/blueooth/hci.conf there is 'pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;' and 'lm
> accept;'.
>
> On your project site you wrote, that the following information could be
> useful for you:
>
> - Output of hciconfig -a:
>
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0F:B3:98:88:2E ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:790 acl:0 sco:0 events:63 errors:0
> TX bytes:814 acl:0 sco:0 commands:43 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'chica-0'
> Class: 0x3e0100
> Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x222 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
> 0x222
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> - Output from hciconfig hci0 revision:
>
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0F:B3:98:88:2E ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> Build 546
> Chip version: BlueCore02-External
> Max key size: 128 bit
> SCO mapping: HCI
>
> - Output of hcitool info 00:13:8A:04:A3:43:
>
> Requesting information ...
> Can't create connection: Input/output error
>
> - Systeminformation: Debian Sarge, Kernel 2.6.17.11 (self compiled),
> bluez-utils 2.15-1.1
>
> If you need more info just let me know.
>
> Could it be possible that my headset itself doesn't work with
> bluetooth-alsa? I would be very happy if someone could help me. Any
> ideas how to solve this?
>
> Greets, Christian Mager.

(No filename) (3.48 kB)
(No filename) (5.04 kB)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Christian Mager

Hi,

Reiner Klenk schrieb:
> Am Freitag, den 03.11.2006, 13:49 +0100 schrieb Christian Mager:
>> Pairing the headset with my cell phone works, but
>> it asks for a pin, btsco desn't. Could this cause the problem? In
>> /etc/blueooth/hci.conf there is 'pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;' and 'lm
>> accept;'.
>
> I've seen a situation where the window with the pin request didn't come
> up because the X-server denied the connection. I had to "xhost +" before
> running btsco.

thanks a lot, now pairing worked. So I'm trying now to get the headset
working with the voip app. Maybe I'll have further questions after that.

Thanks, Chris Mager.

by Reiner Klenk

Am Freitag, den 03.11.2006, 13:49 +0100 schrieb Christian Mager:
> Pairing the headset with my cell phone works, but
> it asks for a pin, btsco desn't. Could this cause the problem? In
> /etc/blueooth/hci.conf there is 'pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;' and 'lm
> accept;'.

I've seen a situation where the window with the pin request didn't come
up because the X-server denied the connection. I had to "xhost +" before
running btsco.

Regards,
Reiner

--
Reiner Klenk
debb1046 (jabber.org, ekiga.net, gmail.com, last.fm)