2007-02-16 17:16:51

by Stefan Seyfried

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PLEASE IMPLEMENT SPAM CONTROLS!

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:25:10AM -0600, John H. wrote:
> Please, can't you just make it to where only members can post?

No. Not if it is listed as contact in the MAINTAINERS file.
Discuss whatever you want, it won't help.

And i have gotten much more useless mails from this "STOP ZE SP=C4M!"
thread than from spamers directly.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out." =

by Stefan Behlert

Moin,

On Feb 16, 07 11:26:24 -0600, John H. wrote:
> Considering there are at least several spams a day, I know for a fact
> that's not true.

Why should it be "not true" if he has working spam-filters?
Looks like you don't have those, which is very surprising.
> =

> On 2/16/07, Stefan Seyfried <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:25:10AM -0600, John H. wrote:
> > > Please, can't you just make it to where only members can post?
> >
> > No. Not if it is listed as contact in the MAINTAINERS file.
> > Discuss whatever you want, it won't help.
> >
> > And i have gotten much more useless mails from this "STOP ZE SP=C4M!"
> > thread than from spamers directly.

But looking in my spam folder I agree that there are several spam-mails
each day. A spam-filter for the list would not be a bad idea, true.
But until then I can live with my own spam-filters.

Stefan

-- =

Stefan Behlert

by John H.