2007-04-05 09:43:24

by Stefan Seyfried

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard, "missinig" keys

Hi,

i got one of those:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=033

and it works pretty well with 2.6.21rc5, even most of the previously
unhandled "silver" keys around the main keyboard and the wheel work fine.
However, some of the silver keys do not work. They show up neither with
showkey nor with evtest.

I can see they do transmit something with hcidump -X -V.

So the question is: what information do i need to supply (and to whom :-)
to make all the keys work?

--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."

by Stefan Seyfried

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:45:33AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
> > So the question is: what information do i need to supply (and to whom :-)
> > to make all the keys work?
>
> we might have to add another quirk to make this work. Mainly the same as
> for the USB version of this one. Ask the HID maintainer, because I am
> not really familiar with all these quirks.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will pester him after the easter holidays :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Stefan,

> i got one of those:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=033
>
> and it works pretty well with 2.6.21rc5, even most of the previously
> unhandled "silver" keys around the main keyboard and the wheel work fine.
> However, some of the silver keys do not work. They show up neither with
> showkey nor with evtest.
>
> I can see they do transmit something with hcidump -X -V.
>
> So the question is: what information do i need to supply (and to whom :-)
> to make all the keys work?

we might have to add another quirk to make this work. Mainly the same as
for the USB version of this one. Ask the HID maintainer, because I am
not really familiar with all these quirks.

Regards

Marcel