2007-06-06 12:47:21

by Dennis Veatch

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluez-utils-3.11 and configure

Hi ya folks.

Um I might be totally out in left field here but there seems to be some
deficiencies with the build process in that all the files are not getting
installed during make install.

I have tried configure with --enable-all and specifying all the configure
switches individually with the same results. From what I can tell the
following files do not get installed from the source tree;

audio/asound.conf
common/libhelper.a
common/test_textfile
daemon/auth-agent
daemon/passkey-agent
daemon/bluetoothd
eglib/libeglib
hcid/libhciserver.a
hcid/service-did.xml
hcid/service-ftp.xml
hcid/service-opp.xml
hcid/service-spp.xml
sbc/sbcdec
sbc/sbcenc
sbc/sbcinfo
sbc/libsbc.la
sdpd/libsdpserver.a
test/apitest
test/attest
test/bdaddr
test/hsmicro
test/hsplay
test/hstest
test/lmptest
test/scotest
test/sdptest
tools/hcisecfilter
tools/ppporc

I think that's the bulk of it. The pcmcia stuff I don't have so can't comment
on. The distro used for this is my sig.

Thanks
--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] bluez-utils-3.11 and configure

Hi Dennis,

> > > Um I might be totally out in left field here but there seems to be some
> > > deficiencies with the build process in that all the files are not getting
> > > installed during make install.
> > >
> > > I have tried configure with --enable-all and specifying all the configure
> > > switches individually with the same results. From what I can tell the
> > > following files do not get installed from the source tree;
> > >
> > > audio/asound.conf
> > > common/libhelper.a
> > > common/test_textfile
> > > daemon/auth-agent
> > > daemon/passkey-agent
> > > daemon/bluetoothd
> > > eglib/libeglib
> > > hcid/libhciserver.a
> > > hcid/service-did.xml
> > > hcid/service-ftp.xml
> > > hcid/service-opp.xml
> > > hcid/service-spp.xml
> > > sbc/sbcdec
> > > sbc/sbcenc
> > > sbc/sbcinfo
> > > sbc/libsbc.la
> > > sdpd/libsdpserver.a
> > > test/apitest
> > > test/attest
> > > test/bdaddr
> > > test/hsmicro
> > > test/hsplay
> > > test/hstest
> > > test/lmptest
> > > test/scotest
> > > test/sdptest
> > > tools/hcisecfilter
> > > tools/ppporc
> >
> > all of these are _NOT_ installed on purpose. As simple as that.
>
> Um, well ok. I'm not trying to piss anyone off here and my apologies for
> asking about something that is totally contray to what I _EXPECTED_ to happen
> when running ./configure --enable-all, make and make install.
>
> I was going to submit a patch for configure (at lease the --enable-all part)
> to really make all but I get the sense from your statement to just piss
> off....... so I will.

for every not installed file there is a good reason. Some of them for
testing only, some of them are too risky, some of them are examples
only, some of them are not ready and so on and so on.

If it is useful for people, then it has a configure option or is
installed by default anyway. As simple as that.

Regards

Marcel

by Dennis Veatch

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 10:46:23 am Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:01:33AM -0400, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Um, well ok. I'm not trying to piss anyone off here and my apologies for
> > asking about something that is totally contray to what I _EXPECTED_ to
> > happen when running ./configure --enable-all, make and make install.
> >
> > I was going to submit a patch for configure (at lease the --enable-all
> > part) to really make all but I get the sense from your statement to just
> > piss off....... so I will.
>
> These are basically examples and test applications that are just for that:
> being an example or a test application, so they are not installed by
> default.
>
> On openSUSE i have some of them in the bluez-test package (apitest, as an
> example, is sometimes useful, but you don't want it in the default install
> since it drags in the python dependency).

There are such things as optional dependencies. In any event. Ignore this

Thanks
--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.

by Stefan Seyfried

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:01:33AM -0400, Dennis Veatch wrote:

> Um, well ok. I'm not trying to piss anyone off here and my apologies for =

> asking about something that is totally contray to what I _EXPECTED_ to ha=
ppen =

> when running ./configure --enable-all, make and make install.
> =

> I was going to submit a patch for configure (at lease the --enable-all pa=
rt) =

> to really make all but I get the sense from your statement to just piss =

> off....... so I will.

These are basically examples and test applications that are just for that:
being an example or a test application, so they are not installed by defaul=
t.

On openSUSE i have some of them in the bluez-test package (apitest, as an
example, is sometimes useful, but you don't want it in the default install
since it drags in the python dependency).
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N=FCrnberg)

by Dennis Veatch

Thanks.