2007-06-12 15:41:50

by Bengtsson Mikael

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SCO with BlueZ 2.15?

I'm developing an application on an Intel Xscale PXA 255 platform. I
have installed BlueZ utils and libs 2.15 that was included on the
software CD.

The application opens some ACL connections and a few SCO connections.
The ACL connections starts up fine, but the SCO connections doesn't
start at all. When inspecting the loaded modules with lsmod, SCO is not
loaded.

The question is, is SCO working with version 2.15?

I have compiled the same application on an ordinary PC with version 3.9
and 3.11. ACL and SCO works fine. lsmod shows that SCO is loaded.

I'm using a USB dongle for the moment, but shall use UART instead,
because more than one SCO channel is not working on USB. However, it is
possible to open two SCO connections on the PC with USB dongle, but not
communicating it seems.

How do I load SCO on the Xscale?

Attachments:
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Tim Chick

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SCO with BlueZ 2.15?

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 16:41, Bengtsson Mikael wrote:
> I'm developing an application on an Intel Xscale PXA 255 platform. I
> have installed BlueZ utils and libs 2.15 that was included on the
> software CD.
>
> The application opens some ACL connections and a few SCO connections.
> The ACL connections starts up fine, but the SCO connections doesn't
> start at all. When inspecting the loaded modules with lsmod, SCO is
> not loaded.
>
> The question is, is SCO working with version 2.15?

Sorry if you have already checked this, but did you enable SCO support
in the hci_usb kernel module? The option is BT_HCIUSB_SCO.

When I was getting SCO going on my PXA270 based device I had this
problem - that the hci_usb module was not compiled with SCO support.

Thanks,
Tim

by Brad Midgley

Bengtsson

> connections starts up fine, but the SCO connections doesn't start at all.
> When inspecting the loaded modules with lsmod, SCO is not loaded.

why not modprobe sco? was it not built as a module for your kernel?

The question is, is SCO working with version 2.15?

i can't really speak to this. i think an old kernel version is likely to be
more trouble than old bluez.

I have compiled the same application on an ordinary PC with version 3.9 and
> 3.11. ACL and SCO works fine. lsmod shows that SCO is loaded.
>
> I'm using a USB dongle for the moment, but shall use UART instead, because
> more than one SCO channel is not working on USB. However, it is possible to
> open two SCO connections on the PC with USB dongle, but not communicating it
> seems.

there was a dynamic alternate setting patch posted on bluez-devel a few
weeks ago that would allow multiple sco through usb. it requires the latest
flowcontrol patch to be applied first.

brad

Attachments:
(No filename) (967.00 B)