2007-06-15 15:15:44

by Simon Ruggier

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Spam on the list

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but would it be possible for
whoever is running the list (Marcel?) to try to moderate the spam so
that it doesn't reach all of the subscribers?

by Chris Carlin

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Spam on the list

Simon wrote:
> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but would it be possible for
> whoever is running the list (Marcel?) to try to moderate the spam so
> that it doesn't reach all of the subscribers?

I have no idea how this list is set up, but some mailing list programs
allow any of a certain group of people to approve messages before they
go out to the general list.

If such a thing is possible on this list, I wouldn't mind being one of
the group that receives all of the messages and tags the non-spam.

~Chris

by Stefan Seyfried

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:15:44AM -0400, Simon wrote:
> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but would it be possible for
> whoever is running the list (Marcel?) to try to moderate the spam so
> that it doesn't reach all of the subscribers?

Even if i am not Marcel, i'll answer this one from my own experience
as a list owner.
Possible: yes
Doable: no.

The list is marked as contact in the kernel MAINTAINERS file, so it needs
to be open to non-subscribers. And real-time moderation of such a list
is a fulltime job. I'd rather have Marcel hacking the code. :-)
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N=FCrnberg)