2007-07-23 17:49:05

by Dave Mielke

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Setting a PIN without a GUI.

Is there a way for a user who isn't running X, i.e. who's just using text mode,
to associate a Bluetooth device and its PIN? Is there a text-mode command which
does this? Is there a file which can be edited?

--
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | Word of God. Please contact me

by Dave Mielke

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Setting a PIN without a GUI.

[quoted lines by Marcel Holtmann on 2007/07/23 at 19:53 +0200]

>you have to provide a passkey agent that will handle the PIN request.
>The bluez-utils source contains an example passkey-agent.c that we used
>for testing.

Can a variant of that tool run as a thread which lives for the duration of the
connect attempt? If so, does it need to stay running until the close or can it
be terminated as soon as the connect succeeds?

I tried to compile it with -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 and -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0, and
still got VERSION not defined.

Is there a tool which should give me the right compile and link flags?

--
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | Word of God. Please contact me
EMail: [email protected] | Canada K2A 1H7 | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://FamilyRadio.com/ | http://Mielke.cc/bible/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dave,

> Is there a way for a user who isn't running X, i.e. who's just using text mode,
> to associate a Bluetooth device and its PIN? Is there a text-mode command which
> does this? Is there a file which can be edited?

you have to provide a passkey agent that will handle the PIN request.
The bluez-utils source contains an example passkey-agent.c that we used
for testing.

Regards

Marcel