2007-10-25 09:45:13

by Bastian Blank

Subject: [Bluez-devel] audio support choppy with mplayer and video

Hi folks

I tried the bluetooth audio support in bluez. It works nice with
esd/alsa except that the audio delay is incorrect.

With the alsa support in mplayer it makes more problems. Audio files can
be played without problems. But video files produces choppy video and
audio output. It looks like some runaway delay loop and already happened
in the bluetooth-alsa support some months ago but was fixed in the
meantime.

I use current bluez-utils and mplayer trunk.

Bastian

--
Intuition, however illogical, is recognized as a command prerogative.
-- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Bastien,

> I tried the bluetooth audio support in bluez. It works nice with
> esd/alsa except that the audio delay is incorrect.
>
> With the alsa support in mplayer it makes more problems. Audio files can
> be played without problems. But video files produces choppy video and
> audio output. It looks like some runaway delay loop and already happened
> in the bluetooth-alsa support some months ago but was fixed in the
> meantime.

we simply can't make every ALSA application happy. We are only a virtual
sound card and some application's usage of ALSA is simply broken.

Regards

Marcel