2007-03-02 10:26:12

by Meenakshi Seeballack

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] HELP configure: error: Bluetooth library is required

Rahul Tank <tank.rahul <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 3/2/07, Meenakshi Seeballack <meena2010 <at> gmail.com
> > wrote:
> I think I need to start from scratch to get the bluetooth folder in
/usr/inlcude. So I downloaded these libraries:

> bluez-libs-3.9.tar.gz
> bluez-utils-3.9.tar.gz
> bluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz
> bluez-hcidump-1.34.tar.gz
> bluez-gnome-0.6.tar.gzand saved them onto my desktop. I have a folder called
bluez on my desktop, and I have un-packed the tarballs above.I am in the
terminal trying to install bluez-utils-3.9 by ./configure and I get this error:
> configure: error: Bluetooth library is requiredPlease guide me in my next
steps as i am a novice to Linux?

lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluez-devel

> Install bluez-libs-3.9 before installing bluez-utils-3.9 . Google is your
friend in case you have such problems :)

I have installed bluez-libs, bluez-firmware-1.2 and
bluez-gnome-0.6 without any
problem.
When I then try to install bluez-utils
or bluez-hcidump-1.34, I get the same error:
checking for BLUEZ... no
configure: error: Bluetooth library is required
Please help!!!

by Rahul Tank

On 3/2/07, Meena Seeballack <[email protected]> wrote:

> Rahul Tank <tank.rahul <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On 3/2/07, Meenakshi Seeballack <meena2010 <at> gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> > I think I need to start from scratch to get the bluetooth folder in
> /usr/inlcude. So I downloaded these libraries:
> >

> > bluez-libs-3.9.tar.gz
> > bluez-utils-3.9.tar.gz
> > bluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz
> > bluez-hcidump-1.34.tar.gz
> > bluez-gnome-0.6.tar.gzand saved them onto my desktop. I have a folder
> called
> bluez on my desktop, and I have un-packed the tarballs above.I am in the
> terminal trying to install bluez-utils-3.9 by ./configure and I get this
> error:
> > configure: error: Bluetooth library is requiredPlease guide me in my
> next
> steps as i am a novice to Linux?
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------Take
> Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of ITJoin SourceForge.net's
> Techsay
> panel and you'll get the chance to share your
> > opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
> >

> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________Bluez-devel
> mailing list
> >
> > Bluez-devel <at>
> lists.sourceforge
> .nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluez-devel
> >

> > Install bluez-libs-3.9 before installing bluez-utils-3.9 . Google is
> your
> friend in case you have such problems :)

> your
> > opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash

> I have installed bluez-libs, bluez-firmware-1.2 and
> bluez-gnome-0.6 without any
> problem.
> When I then try to install bluez-utils
> or bluez-hcidump-1.34, I get the same error:
> checking for BLUEZ... no
> configure: error: Bluetooth library is required
> Please help!!!

if bluez-libs is installed, check that the PKG_CONFIG_PATH has the path
where bluez.pc is present.

regards,
rahul

Attachments: