2008-08-29 11:06:55

by David Stockwell

Subject: [Bluez-devel] "Gather Write"/writev call and BlueZ driver...

Not sure who to address this to (Marcel, maybe?), but does the Bluetooth
driver support the writev call?

The reason for asking is that in AVRCP+Metadata I need to implement
fragmentation in AVCTP. Of course, I can just sling chunks of the big
AVRCP packet into AVCTP buffers, pre-pending with the appropriate AVCTP
header, but was wondering if there might be a more elegant solution
(using writev to write the header, then the appropriate piece of the
AVRCP packet).

David Stockwell
Frequency One

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi David,

> Not sure who to address this to (Marcel, maybe?), but does the Bluetooth
> driver support the writev call?
>
> The reason for asking is that in AVRCP+Metadata I need to implement
> fragmentation in AVCTP. Of course, I can just sling chunks of the big
> AVRCP packet into AVCTP buffers, pre-pending with the appropriate AVCTP
> header, but was wondering if there might be a more elegant solution
> (using writev to write the header, then the appropriate piece of the
> AVRCP packet).

go ahead and try it. I am not sure about writev, but in general it
should be supported since the kernel callback only expose sendmsg and
the rest it userspace API.

Regards

Marcel