2005-12-22 13:14:13

by Eduardo Rocha

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Auto-sniff

Is anyone working on auto-sniff support in bluez?

BR,
Eduardo.

by Eduardo Rocha

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Auto-sniff

Hi Marcel,

I thought that in sniff mode we only reduce the duty cicle on a link
between two device, but you still could do transfer of data packets
within the negociated interval.

I've tested the sniff using:
hcitool cmd 0x02 0x0004 0x06(handle) - stop
hcitool cmd 0x02 0x0003 0x06(handle) 0x00 0x50 0x00 0x10 0x00 0x05
0x00 0x02 - start

So, what is still missing to be implemented? So far we have listed this:
- detecting idle link and link activity
- the timer

BR,
Eduardo.

On 12/23/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> > I've done some initial research on this area, and I've found some
> > proposals of algoritms for dynamic ajusting of sniff parameters based
> > on traffic history of the link. But before working with sniff
> > parameters, is there anything that neeeds to be done in the sniff mode
> > itself? Can you enumarate it?
>
> what do you mean by this? In sniff mode you normally don't have any data
> transfer at all. That's the only requirement. Thus you need a timer to
> detect when a link goes idle.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Eduardo Rocha