2006-12-29 12:15:25

by Felipe Balbi

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth 2.0

Hello Guys,

I'm wondering if I could help the linux bluetooth subsystem by writing
code for the new Bluetooth 2.0 Spec. So, is there any project taking
care of this? Is there any activity for this?

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi

Nokia Institute of Technology - INdT
Kernel Developers Team

+55 92 8127 0839

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth 2.0

Felipe

> I'm wondering if I could help the linux bluetooth subsystem by writing
> code for the new Bluetooth 2.0 Spec. So, is there any project taking
> care of this? Is there any activity for this?

There are some profiles that aren't implemented but 2.0 is mostly
covered. The esco transport isn't done fwiw--it was introduced back in 1.2.

Marcel has been working on features that will be in "Lisbon" (2.1?) like
simple pairing and extended inquiry.

Brad

by Felipe Balbi

Hello Marcel,

> Actually the Extended Inquiry is already supported with current systems
> and it works quite well for the device name. The kernel basically has
> preliminary Sniff Subrating support, but the actual used values still
> need some tweaking to make use of it.

What functionality would be nice to develop??
What kind of effort would really help you with 2.1 draft Bluetooth Spec ???

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi

Nokia Institute of Technology - INdT
Kernel Developers Team

+55 92 8127 0839

by Mayank BATRA

Hi Marcel,

>>> There are some profiles that aren't implemented but 2.0 is mostly
>>> covered. The esco transport isn't done fwiw--it was introduced back in 1.2.
>> Don't think there are any new profiles as such.
>> The only difference between 1.2 and 2.0 is EDR.
>
> and some minor corrections here and there.
>
>>> Marcel has been working on features that will be in "Lisbon" (2.1?) like
>>> simple pairing and extended inquiry.
>> Marcel, I was going through the 2.1 spec and was interested in working
>> on features such as Extended Inquiry, Simple Pairing, Sniff Subrating etc.
>
> Actually the Extended Inquiry is already supported with current systems
> and it works quite well for the device name. The kernel basically has
> preliminary Sniff Subrating support, but the actual used values still
> need some tweaking to make use of it.
>
> For Simple Pairing, I will wait until the final specification has been
> published. The basic support for Simple Pairing however is ready.

How about Erroneous Data Reporting, Persistent Sniff, Link supervision
timeout, PBF?

Best Regards,

Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> >> I'm wondering if I could help the linux bluetooth subsystem by writing
> >> code for the new Bluetooth 2.0 Spec. So, is there any project taking
> >> care of this? Is there any activity for this?
> >
> > There are some profiles that aren't implemented but 2.0 is mostly
> > covered. The esco transport isn't done fwiw--it was introduced back in 1.2.
>
> Don't think there are any new profiles as such.
> The only difference between 1.2 and 2.0 is EDR.

and some minor corrections here and there.

> > Marcel has been working on features that will be in "Lisbon" (2.1?) like
> > simple pairing and extended inquiry.
>
> Marcel, I was going through the 2.1 spec and was interested in working
> on features such as Extended Inquiry, Simple Pairing, Sniff Subrating etc.

Actually the Extended Inquiry is already supported with current systems
and it works quite well for the device name. The kernel basically has
preliminary Sniff Subrating support, but the actual used values still
need some tweaking to make use of it.

For Simple Pairing, I will wait until the final specification has been
published. The basic support for Simple Pairing however is ready.

Regards

Marcel

by Mayank BATRA

Hi,

Brad Midgley wrote:

>> I'm wondering if I could help the linux bluetooth subsystem by writing
>> code for the new Bluetooth 2.0 Spec. So, is there any project taking
>> care of this? Is there any activity for this?
>
> There are some profiles that aren't implemented but 2.0 is mostly
> covered. The esco transport isn't done fwiw--it was introduced back in 1.2.

Don't think there are any new profiles as such.
The only difference between 1.2 and 2.0 is EDR.

> Marcel has been working on features that will be in "Lisbon" (2.1?) like
> simple pairing and extended inquiry.

Marcel, I was going through the 2.1 spec and was interested in working
on features such as Extended Inquiry, Simple Pairing, Sniff Subrating etc.

Any starters?

Best Regards,

Mayank

---