2007-12-23 14:00:31

by bsd user

Subject: [Bluez-devel] AFH between master and slave

Hi, all,

I'd like to ask a question about BT radio: if there is only 1master, 1
slave in 1 piconet's effective arange(50 feets), will the radio
between master and slave continue hoping? I think they should only use
1 of 79 channels after connected. Is that right? further more, when
another slave join in the piconet, it will use another channel other
than the occupied one to setup the connection, right?

Thanks a lot.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] AFH between master and slave

Hi,

> I'd like to ask a question about BT radio: if there is only 1master, 1
> slave in 1 piconet's effective arange(50 feets), will the radio
> between master and slave continue hoping? I think they should only use
> 1 of 79 channels after connected. Is that right? further more, when
> another slave join in the piconet, it will use another channel other
> than the occupied one to setup the connection, right?

you should read the specification. A Bluetooth radio will always use
hoping. The AFH is only to place nice with other 2.4 GHz radios. It will
not affect the hoping in case Bluetooth radios.

Regards

Marcel