2007-11-19 23:48:09

by Han

Subject: [Bluez-devel] is SDPd required for RFCOMM calls ?

Hi,

I just started to use BlueZ to write bluetooth programs in C. And I
am using VMware based Ubuntu Linux.

I can do hci_inquiry successfully. But when I tried to run a RFCOMM
server program ( listen on channel 1). The client always reports
error : "Operation now in progress".

The same client can connect with no problem if i closed VMware +
ubuntu and enable bluetooth in windows XP.

since the windows XP enables bluetooth & SDP services (Serial Port on
RFCOMM channel 1), i was wondering if SDP is required to do RFCOMM
communication (on server side) ?

or, is there anything else the server side need to do to accept the
RFCOMM connections ?

Thanks in advance,
Han

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] is SDPd required for RFCOMM calls ?

Hi Han,

> I just started to use BlueZ to write bluetooth programs in C. And I
> am using VMware based Ubuntu Linux.
>
> I can do hci_inquiry successfully. But when I tried to run a RFCOMM
> server program ( listen on channel 1). The client always reports
> error : "Operation now in progress".
>
> The same client can connect with no problem if i closed VMware +
> ubuntu and enable bluetooth in windows XP.
>
> since the windows XP enables bluetooth & SDP services (Serial Port on
> RFCOMM channel 1), i was wondering if SDP is required to do RFCOMM
> communication (on server side) ?
>
> or, is there anything else the server side need to do to accept the
> RFCOMM connections ?

start hcid -s and you get your SDP server.

Regards

Marcel