2005-08-05 18:37:10

by Robert Brewer

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hcidump during dongle initialization?

I'd like to view the message exchange between bluez and my usb bluetooth
dongle starting as soon as the dongle is plugged in. Is this possible with
hcidump? When I try to start hcidump without the dongle it bombs out
with an error message about no device. Is there any other way to do
this? Some sort of usb sniffing perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

-Rob
--=20
Robert W. Brewer

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Rob,

> I'd like to view the message exchange between bluez and my usb bluetooth
> dongle starting as soon as the dongle is plugged in. Is this possible with
> hcidump? When I try to start hcidump without the dongle it bombs out
> with an error message about no device. Is there any other way to do
> this? Some sort of usb sniffing perhaps?

if you wanna see the dongle init you must use hcid without the autoinit
feature or start it after you plugged in the dongle.

Regards

Marcel