2004-05-12 19:26:20

by Matthias Thomae

Subject: [Bluez-devel] PAN and bridge problem when bnep0 disconnects before bnep1

Hello,

I have a BlueZ NAP setup with bridging (essentially following the PAN
HOWTO), which works quite nicely (thanks to all developers :) except
when the first connected bnep0 client is killed before the 2nd client
(bnep1).

I am running a DHCP server on the server's bridge (pan0), and eth0 is
NOT part of the bridge, I use IP forwarding instead.

The problem is, that after bnep0 is removed (by killing it on the
respective client with 'pand -K'), bnep1 doesn't 'work' any longer,
meaning ping etc. don't work any more. And I couldn't find anything in
the syslogs, except that after a while the client's DHCP client starts
to issue DHCPDISCOVERs.

ifdown/ifup on bnep1 don't seem to help either, the only way I could
find to make it work again was to issue 'pand -K' on the server and
reconnect the clients.

If bnep1 disconnects before bnep0, no problem.

I'm using quite late BlueZ versions on all machines (at least kernel
2.6.5-mh3 and the latest Debian bluez-utils 2.6-1 and bluez-pan
1.1rel-4), and I can reproduce the behaviour also with a Windows client
on bnep0.

Any clues?

Regards.
Matthias