2004-08-25 16:01:45

by Radha Thiagarajan

Subject: TIOCMIWAIT & TIOCGICOUNT

Hi Marcel,

I am interested in implementing the two ioctls TIOCMIWAIT and TIOCGICOUNT
for RFCOMM that mimic the serial driver behavior. Do you have any
recommendations on how this could be done? My initial thought would be to
put a process that calls TIOCMIWAIT to sleep and then wake it up when a
MSC packet is received. The user could then call TIOCGICOUNT to
retrieve which control lines have changed. Any suggestions on this topic
would be greatly appreciated.

2004-08-25 16:53:31

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: TIOCMIWAIT & TIOCGICOUNT

Hi Radha,

> I am interested in implementing the two ioctls TIOCMIWAIT and TIOCGICOUNT
> for RFCOMM that mimic the serial driver behavior. Do you have any
> recommendations on how this could be done? My initial thought would be to
> put a process that calls TIOCMIWAIT to sleep and then wake it up when a
> MSC packet is received. The user could then call TIOCGICOUNT to
> retrieve which control lines have changed. Any suggestions on this topic
> would be greatly appreciated.

I never thought about it before, so come up with a patch for it and we
will see. Check first how other serial drivers implemented this.

Regards

Marcel