2004-12-21 11:34:27

by Marcus Better

Subject: [Bluez-devel] snd-bt-sco and Motorola HS801 success

Hi all,

I just wanted to report success using snd-bt-sco with my Motorola HS801
headset. I am able to play and record sound through the headset.

The only minor glitch seems to be the volume control. I can change the
volume with the buttons on the headset, but using alsamixer has no
effect. Moreover, alsamixer shows both the "Master" and "Mic" controls
in the "playback" view, and no controls in the "capture" view.

Thanks for the nice work!

Marcus

by Brad Midgley

Marcus,

I added your model to the docs.

IIRC, btsco (the daemon) prints out what AT commands are being send and
received during volume changes. What does it print when you try to use
alsamixer?

I can't try alsamixer (my setup isn't working after a kernel change),
but in the past I've had no trouble using gnome-volume-control to change
the volume from the computer side.

Brad