2005-02-04 12:28:51

by Andreas Millinger

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hciattach problem

Hello,

I have also a Problem with hciattach. As written in a Thread befor a kill of hciattach causes a System freez. Also the System hangs, when I want to shutdown the System at shuting down PCMCIA. I have tested with different kernels an bluez-utils/lib versions. I have found out, that with kernel 2.6.10 and bluez-utils/lib 2.14 the problem isn't there. With patch mh1 it works also. But with patch mh2 or kernel 2.6.11-rc2 or with kernel 2.6.10 and utils/lib 2.15 the freez is also there. I have a 3com Version 3 PCMCIA Card.

Best regards

Andreas

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] hciattach problem

Hi Andreas,

> I have also a Problem with hciattach. As written in a Thread befor a kill of hciattach causes a System freez. Also the System hangs, when I want to shutdown the System at shuting down PCMCIA. I have tested with different kernels an bluez-utils/lib versions. I have found out, that with kernel 2.6.10 and bluez-utils/lib 2.14 the problem isn't there. With patch mh1 it works also. But with patch mh2 or kernel 2.6.11-rc2 or with kernel 2.6.10 and utils/lib 2.15 the freez is also there. I have a 3com Version 3 PCMCIA Card.

please check if the bluez-utils version really matters.

So the bad patch is between 2.6.10-mh1 and 2.6.10-mh2 and the 3Com
version 3 card is using BCSP, right?

Regards

Marcel