2005-02-08 01:44:33

by Timo Derstappen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: bluetooth headset - connects but no audio

I had the same permission errors with my logitech f-0179a, but in the
end it was the /etc/bluetooth/link_key file. Delete this file and try
to run btsco again. It worked for me.
I also use a Logitech bluetooth mouse, is this a bug in hcid security
mode 'user' while using multiple devices?

--

cheers,
teemow

by WiseLYNX

| I had the same permission errors with my logitech f-0179a, but in the
| end it was the /etc/bluetooth/link_key file. Delete this file and try
| to run btsco again. It worked for me.

thanks, this worked for me also (at least to resolve the permissions issu=
e)

now, I lost a bit the discussion thread, because it was some time ago I
last wrote, and I'm also having a lot of work for university. let me
summary things up now:

- - hardware is Ericsscon HBH-35 and a SiW based usb dongle
- - software is gentoo-dev 2.6.10-r5, with mh4 patch (also tried a
vanilla, with same results)
- - the problem is, btsco connects and I can set the volume and hear
hissing sound, but I can't hear anything using aplay or others (they
just hang there), nor set the loopback option
- - I tried my friend's dongle, with other chipset, and everything just
works fine; anyway I'd of course rather to be able to use _my_ dongle :)

Lars pointed out some times ago that there was an issue with handles.
here I report what he told:

| I asked Marcel on this list, but I did not understand his answer...:

|> the Silicon Wave chips are not the best ones. They have problems and i=
|> seems that they are not going to fix them. Mostly because they sell RO=
|> chips are these ones can't be updated by a newer firmware. However if
|> this is the problem with SCO packets and handle 0 then the hci_usb
|> driver should simply drop these frames, because they are not valid SCO
|> payload.

after applying the mh4 patch, and doing some more try (with no better
results), I noticed a lot of kernel debugging stuff in the logs, thing
that I didn't notice in th past. here is a sample of it:

Feb 8 22:29:27 [hcid] link_key_request (sba=3D00:0B:0D:40:6F:B9,
dba=3D00:0E:07:4E:4B:3E)
Feb 8 22:29:41 [hcid] link_key_request (sba=3D00:0B:0D:40:6F:B9,
dba=3D00:0E:07:4E:4B:3E)
Feb 8 22:29:54 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 1280
Feb 8 22:29:54 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 14
Feb 8 22:29:54 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 65535
Feb 8 22:29:54 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 65535
Feb 8 22:29:56 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 3072
Feb 8 22:29:56 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 64512
Feb 8 22:29:56 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 18
Feb 8 22:29:56 [kernel] hci_scodata_packet: hci0 SCO packet for unknown
connection handle 0

is this useful in some way? is there anything that can be done in the
drivers to make SiW and other broken chipset usable?

I'd like to help finding a solution, but I'm not experienced at all in
kernel/driver programming, and I have too few spare time left right now :=
(

- --

=B0=B0=B0 Wise
~ O LYNX