2005-02-10 19:08:40

by Andreas Millinger

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: hciattach problem

Hello Marcel,

>actually I asked you to test 2.6.11-rc3 and not the -mh3. I want to be
>sure that the latest testing kernel before the final 2.6.11 has no
>problems with it. So grab 2.6.11-rc3-bk3 and test it please.

I now have tested with 2.6.11-rc3-bk3 and the freez is back.
The last message in /var/log/messages is:
Feb 10 19:38:59 tuxlaptop exiting on signal 15

The messages at shutdown are:

Shuting down PCMCIA cardmgr [3595]: check cmd exited with status 1
cardmgr[3595]: exiting: `./serial stop ttyS16 2>&1`
cardmgr[3595]: +/dev/ttyS16:

The system hangs at this point. Only a power off does help. It seams,
that there have been changes in PCMCIA or serial, because the messages
with 2.6.10-mh3 look different. When I dont attach the card with
hciattach the system shuts down, but there's also a error.
The last message in the log is also "exiting on signal 15".

Best regards
Andreas

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: hciattach problem

Hi Andreas,

> >actually I asked you to test 2.6.11-rc3 and not the -mh3. I want to be
> >sure that the latest testing kernel before the final 2.6.11 has no
> >problems with it. So grab 2.6.11-rc3-bk3 and test it please.
> >
> I now have tested with 2.6.11-rc3-bk3 and the freez is back.
> The last message in /var/log/messages is:
> Feb 10 19:38:59 tuxlaptop exiting on signal 15
>
> The messages at shutdown are:
>
> Shuting down PCMCIA cardmgr [3595]: check cmd exited with status 1
> cardmgr[3595]: exiting: `./serial stop ttyS16 2>&1`
> cardmgr[3595]: +/dev/ttyS16:
>
> The system hangs at this point. Only a power off does help. It seams,
> that there have been changes in PCMCIA or serial, because the messages
> with 2.6.10-mh3 look different. When I dont attach the card with
> hciattach the system shuts down, but there's also a error.
> The last message in the log is also "exiting on signal 15".

please try 2.6.11-rc3-bk7 and what does "modinfo bluetooth" say?

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andreas,

> I will check that with the the different bluez-utils/lib versions. But the Card is using H4. I have tried BCSP, too, but there is a Timeout error.

I can't remember a change between -mh1 and -mh2 that would affect the
H:4 part of the hci_uart driver. Are you sure that these are clean
vanilla kernels with only my patch applied?

Regards

Marcel

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] What is TYPE?

Hi ,

I wrote a little program for dump in ascii format the link_key database:
# lk2a
804996c 00:10:60:AA:9B:5B 00:60:57:DF:1D:29 804997c Fri May 27 10:58:47 2005

the 4o. field is TYPE, what is this exaclly?

Thanks in advance,

./nelson -murilo