2005-04-08 16:56:27

by Frederic Danis

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Problem to really close RFComm socket

Hello,

I am trying to use RFComm sockets, but I have a problem when I close the
socket, it does not close RFComm or ACL connection.
So, if I try to reconnect I got an error 0x10. I used hcidump and
nothing happens when close is called.
The only way to really close is to stop the app.

what I use is :
laddr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
laddr.rc_bdaddr = *BDADDR_ANY;
laddr.rc_channel = 0;

if (bind(rfcSocket, (struct sockaddr *)&laddr, sizeof(laddr)) < 0)
return -1;

raddr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
raddr.rc_bdaddr = SESSION(btAddr);
raddr.rc_channel = channel;
if (connect(rfcSocket, (struct sockaddr *)&raddr, sizeof(raddr))
< 0)
return -1;

close(rfcSocket);

I think I have forgot something, but what ?

Regards
Fred

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Frederic,

> I am trying to use RFComm sockets, but I have a problem when I close the
> socket, it does not close RFComm or ACL connection.
> So, if I try to reconnect I got an error 0x10. I used hcidump and
> nothing happens when close is called.
> The only way to really close is to stop the app.

are you using fork() in between?

The close() will close the DLC and if all DLCs are closed it will close
the session. If no other session is active the underlaying ACL link will
be terminated.

Regards

Marcel