2005-04-20 02:37:53

by Alan Mizrahi

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Documentation for development

Hello list,

I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
bluetooth.

I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't find the
developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place?

Regards,

Alan

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Documentation for development

If all you want is simple communication, then you may want to look at
the various JSR-82 implementations that are written for Linux.
rococosoft impronto, avetana, and javabluetooth.org are three
implementations you could try.

If you like python, you might be interested in pybluez

>From what you're describing, it's unlikely that you actually need to
code in C. However, if you insist on doing so, you're not going to
find official documentation or APIs. I've written some introductory
material that you might find helpful.

http://csail.mit.edu/~albert/misc/chap4.pdf

It's a work in progress, and I welcome feedback.

Regards,
Albert

On 4/20/05, Alan Mizrahi <[email protected]> wrote:
> El Wed 20 Apr 2005 5:29 am, Marcel Holtmann escribi=F3:
> > Hi Alan,
> >
> > > I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
> > > bluetooth.
> > >
> > > I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't fi=
nd
> > > the developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place=
?

> > the question is what kind of communication do you mean?
> >
>=20
> Just basic synchronous communication. I don't intend to transfer files, =
my
> project is to be able to control a program from the cellphone (something =
like
> RPC). Maybe the cellphone will get some feedback from the commands too.
>=20
> The cellphone program will be written in java-midp and the computer part =
in C.
>=20
> So what do you suggest?
> Is there any documentation I can read about bluetooth development?
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Alan
>=20
>=20

by ligi

>Is there any documentation I can read about bluetooth development?

http://www.benhui.net/modules.php?name=Bluetooth

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Alan,

> > > I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
> > > bluetooth.
> > >
> > > I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't find
> > > the developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place?
> >
> > the question is what kind of communication do you mean?
> >

> Just basic synchronous communication. I don't intend to transfer files, my
> project is to be able to control a program from the cellphone (something like
> RPC). Maybe the cellphone will get some feedback from the commands too.
>
> The cellphone program will be written in java-midp and the computer part in C.
>
> So what do you suggest?
> Is there any documentation I can read about bluetooth development?

I have no idea how Java-MIDP works, but I think it will end up with a
program that communicates over RFCOMM. So rctest and attest are very
good examples.

Regards

Marcel

by Alan Mizrahi

El Wed 20 Apr 2005 5:29 am, Marcel Holtmann escribi=F3:
> Hi Alan,
>
> > I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
> > bluetooth.
> >
> > I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't fi=
nd
> > the developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place=
?

> the question is what kind of communication do you mean?

Just basic synchronous communication. I don't intend to transfer files, =
my=20
project is to be able to control a program from the cellphone (something =
like=20
RPC). Maybe the cellphone will get some feedback from the commands too.

The cellphone program will be written in java-midp and the computer part =
in C.

So what do you suggest?
Is there any documentation I can read about bluetooth development?

Regards,

Alan

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Alan,

> I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
> bluetooth.
>
> I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't find the
> developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place?

the question is what kind of communication do you mean?

Regards

Marcel

by gao.yingbin

I think it is not a program, it's a project at all. first you must affirm
that your cellphone supports standard CTP, or just know it's detailed call
control flows and message formats.Now I'm doing the samilar works. I have
used 2 company's bluetooth phones, i find that the interoperabilities with
other company's products are very poor, and they can only communicate with
themselfs.

Hello list,

I want to make a program that communicates with my cellphone through
bluetooth.

I already installed and configured the bluez packages, but I can't find
the
developers documentation, can anybody point me to the right place?

Regards,

Alan

信息安全声明:本邮件包含信息归ZTE所有,
ZTE对该邮件拥有所有权利。请接收者注意
保密,未经发件人书面许可,不得向任何第
三方组织和个人透露本邮件所含信息的全部
或部分。以上声明仅适用于工作邮件。
Information Security Notice:
The information contained in this mail is
solely property of ZTE Corporation.
This mail communication is confidential.
Recipients named above are obligated to
maintain secrecy and are not permitted to
disclose the contents of this communication
to others.