2005-04-24 18:12:53

by Krishna Bhoutika

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Multi slot packets

Can we have a 5-slot packet in direction of master-to-slave followed by a 5-slot packet in slave-to-master direction.

Or, It is always 6 slots both directions combined. i.e. 5-slot packet in direction of master-to-slave followed by a 1-slot packet in slave-to-master direction

Thank you for your time.
--Krishna

2005-04-25 14:10:50

by Steven Singer

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Multi slot packets

Krishna Bhoutika wrote:
> Can we have a 5-slot packet in direction of master-to-slave followed by
> a 5-slot packet in slave-to-master direction.

Yes.

All combinations (1+1, 1+3, 1+5, 3+1, 3+3, 3+5, 5+1, 5+3 and 5+5) are
possible provided there are enough free slots on the baseband.

An example of when there wouldn't be enough free slots is when there's
an HV3 link up. An HV3 link takes 2 slots every 6 slots. This leaves
just 4 slots for other traffic on the same piconet. This restricts you
to 1+1, 1+3 and 3+1. The two devices may attempt to negotation which one
of them gets to use 3 slot packets, but such negotiations tend to be
quite dumb.

> Or, It is always 6 slots both directions combined. i.e. 5-slot packet in
> direction of master-to-slave followed by a 1-slot packet in slave-to-master
> direction

I don't know what gave you that impression.

- Steven

the system manager.