2005-09-01 09:28:42

by Stefan Michaelis

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hid2hci segementation fault at boot time

Dear all,

I own a Logitech Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse. I wanted to use the
Logitech dongle to additionally connect my Bluetooth headset to the PC for
Skype voice calls.
So far no problems, modules and demons load fine, switched the Logitech
dongle to bluetooth mode via hid2hci.
To automate this process during boot time I enabled the bluetooth.init
script. The demons and modules still load fine, but hid2hci crashes with a
segmentation fault. When I run the init script after bootup as superuser
everything goes fine.
Any idea where is the difference or what I am doing wrong?
Running Suse 9.1 with a vanilla kernel 2.6.12.4. Tried the last three
releases of Bluez.

Regards

Stefan

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

by Charles Majola

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Stefan,
>

>>I own a Logitech Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse. I wanted to use the
>>Logitech dongle to additionally connect my Bluetooth headset to the PC for
>>Skype voice calls.
>>So far no problems, modules and demons load fine, switched the Logitech
>>dongle to bluetooth mode via hid2hci.
>>To automate this process during boot time I enabled the bluetooth.init
>>script. The demons and modules still load fine, but hid2hci crashes with a
>>segmentation fault. When I run the init script after bootup as superuser
>>everything goes fine.
>>Any idea where is the difference or what I am doing wrong?
>>Running Suse 9.1 with a vanilla kernel 2.6.12.4. Tried the last three
>>releases of Bluez.
>>

>check with dmesg if you see a kernel oops. Otherwise use gdb to debug
>

>the problem.

I think I have the same problem. I'm using a powerpc, the keyboard work
before bluez-utils is loaded.

>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Stefan,

> I own a Logitech Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse. I wanted to use the
> Logitech dongle to additionally connect my Bluetooth headset to the PC for
> Skype voice calls.
> So far no problems, modules and demons load fine, switched the Logitech
> dongle to bluetooth mode via hid2hci.
> To automate this process during boot time I enabled the bluetooth.init
> script. The demons and modules still load fine, but hid2hci crashes with a
> segmentation fault. When I run the init script after bootup as superuser
> everything goes fine.
> Any idea where is the difference or what I am doing wrong?
> Running Suse 9.1 with a vanilla kernel 2.6.12.4. Tried the last three
> releases of Bluez.

check with dmesg if you see a kernel oops. Otherwise use gdb to debug
the problem.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Stefan,

If you are really annoyed by hid2hci, you can make hci the default via
pskey (in cvs bluez-utils)

Brad