2005-09-19 09:50:32

by Charles Majola

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hcid.conf : security auto - pairing

Hi,

Issint the "auto" option suppose to work for outgoing connections also?

when I do ....

bash$ rfcomm connect 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

my cellphone askes for a pin, I type it in and then the cumputer it
brings up bluepin asking for a pin. issint is suppose to the the default
one in /etc/bluetooth/pin ?

---
chmj

by Charles Majola

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] pairing problem

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,

>>>install the latest bluez-utils-2.21 and try again. Run "hcidump -X -V"
>>>to see what is going on.
>>>

>looks like your PIN helper is not working. Check the syslog for messages
>from hcid.

Sep 30 10:03:09 localhost hcid[6848]: pin_code_request
(sba=00:0E:A1:04:E6:C8, dba=00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D)
Sep 30 10:03:09 localhost hcid[7340]: PIN helper exited abnormally with
code 256

It works fine once I restart hcid. Thats why I have no idea whats
causing it.

Regards
Charles

>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Charles,
>

>>I have a strange problem. For some reason when I boot my pc, I can't
>>make outgoing connections from my computer to my cellphone until I
>>restart bluez services(although already started at boot time, incomming
>>connections work fine). If I restart my computer, I have to restart
>>bluez services again so that outgoing connections work. I can't see
>>anything might cause this, it used to work fine with bluez-{utils,libs}<
>>2.20. Any ideas ?
>>

>install the latest bluez-utils-2.21 and try again. Run "hcidump -X -V"
>to see what is going on.

Here is the outputdevice: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
bdaddr 00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x0000
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
status 0x00 handle 41 bdaddr 00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D type ACL encrypt 0x00
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Connect req: psm 3 scid 0x0040
< HCI Command: Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
handle 41 policy 0x0f
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 6
Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) ncmd 1
status 0x00 handle 41
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
handle 41 slots 5
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0048 scid 0x0040 result 1 status 2
Connection pending - Authorization pending
> HCI Event: QoS Setup Complete (0x0d) plen 21
status 0x00 handle 41 flags 0
Service type: 1
Token rate: 0
Peak bandwith: 0
Latency: 5000
Delay variation: -1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0048 scid 0x0040 result 0 status 0
Connection successful
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0048 flags 0x00 clen 4
MTU 1024
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0040 flags 0x00 clen 0
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0048 flags 0x00 result 0 clen 0
Success
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 18
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0040 flags 0x00 result 0 clen 4
Success
MTU 672
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0048 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): SABM: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x1c
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): UA: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xd7
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 18
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0048 len 14 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): PN CMD: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 0 ilen 10 fcs 0x70 mcc_len 8
dlci 2 frame_type 0 credit_flow 15 pri 7 ack_timer 0
frame_size 667 max_retrans 0 credits 7
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 18
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 14 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): PN RSP: cr 0 dlci 0 pf 0 ilen 10 fcs 0xaa mcc_len 8
dlci 2 frame_type 0 credit_flow 14 pri 7 ack_timer 0
frame_size 667 max_retrans 0 credits 3
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0048 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): SABM: cr 1 dlci 2 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x59
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
bdaddr 00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D
< HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
bdaddr 00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1
status 0x00 bdaddr 00:0E:6D:45:2E:4D
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DM: cr 1 dlci 2 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x73
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0048 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DISC: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xfd
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn req: dcid 0x0048 scid 0x0040
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): UA: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xd7
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn rsp: dcid 0x0048 scid 0x0040
< HCI Command: Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
handle 41 reason 0x13
Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 41 reason 0x16
Reason: Connection Terminated by Local Host

>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] hcid.conf : security auto - pairing

Hi Charles,

> Issint the "auto" option suppose to work for outgoing connections also?
>
> when I do ....
>
> bash$ rfcomm connect 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
>
> my cellphone askes for a pin, I type it in and then the cumputer it
> brings up bluepin asking for a pin. issint is suppose to the the default
> one in /etc/bluetooth/pin ?

the /etc/bluetooth/pin is only used for incoming connection. For
outgoing connections the /var/lib/bluetooth/<bdaddr>/pincodes can be
used. Look at the source code for details, because I never made this
feature public.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

> I have a strange problem. For some reason when I boot my pc, I can't
> make outgoing connections from my computer to my cellphone until I
> restart bluez services(although already started at boot time, incomming
> connections work fine). If I restart my computer, I have to restart
> bluez services again so that outgoing connections work. I can't see
> anything might cause this, it used to work fine with bluez-{utils,libs}<
> 2.20. Any ideas ?

install the latest bluez-utils-2.21 and try again. Run "hcidump -X -V"
to see what is going on.

Regards

Marcel

by Charles Majola

Subject: [Bluez-devel] pairing problem

Hi,

I have a strange problem. For some reason when I boot my pc, I can't
make outgoing connections from my computer to my cellphone until I
restart bluez services(although already started at boot time, incomming
connections work fine). If I restart my computer, I have to restart
bluez services again so that outgoing connections work. I can't see
anything might cause this, it used to work fine with bluez-{utils,libs}<
2.20. Any ideas ?

---
chmj

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I am not able to connect to my phone using rfcomm connection.When i go
> for connection,it askes for pass key that i enter same as
> in /etc/bluetooth/pin .Then also it wont get succeded.

the /etc/bluetooth/pin file is not longer used in BlueZ 3.x and this
problem has been discussed a lot. Check the mailing list archive for
possible solutions.

Regards

Marcel