2006-01-10 12:33:56

by Pedro Monjo Florit

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Error with USB

Hi Marcel,

I am experiencing a problem with the USB subsystem. For some unknown
reason, at a random moment, the ohci_hcd driver starts to fill syslog
with messages of the type:

Dec 22 21:30:21 Host kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:13.0: urb c130f7f4 path
1.3 ep1in 5f160000 cc 5 --> status -110

This happens until the hard disk is filled, that is, once the error
happens, it does not stop. I have been looking the kernel archives,
Google... with no luck at all, except for a post done by Marcel back in
June 2004 at the kernel mailing list, but there was a kernel oops in
this case.

I have attached CSR-based Bluetooth dongles to the USB hub and I am
using kernel 2.6.12-mh3. I believe that it is a hardware error, but I
want to make sure that there is no known issue with this.

What was the error in the post done in June 2004? What does this error
mean? How is this triggered? Any further information would be greately
appreciated.

Thanks,

Pedro

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Error with USB

Hi Pedro,

> I am experiencing a problem with the USB subsystem. For some unknown
> reason, at a random moment, the ohci_hcd driver starts to fill syslog
> with messages of the type:
>
> Dec 22 21:30:21 Host kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:13.0: urb c130f7f4 path
> 1.3 ep1in 5f160000 cc 5 --> status -110
>
> This happens until the hard disk is filled, that is, once the error
> happens, it does not stop. I have been looking the kernel archives,
> Google... with no luck at all, except for a post done by Marcel back in
> June 2004 at the kernel mailing list, but there was a kernel oops in
> this case.
>
> I have attached CSR-based Bluetooth dongles to the USB hub and I am
> using kernel 2.6.12-mh3. I believe that it is a hardware error, but I
> want to make sure that there is no known issue with this.
>
> What was the error in the post done in June 2004? What does this error
> mean? How is this triggered? Any further information would be greately
> appreciated.

this is a USB specific error. Try at least a 2.6.15 kernel or newer or
ask the USB gurus.

Regards

Marcel