2006-02-20 10:44:41

by Herman Meerlo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Problems with USB 2.0 hub and ehci_usb/hci_usb

Hi guys,

I hope one of you can help me... I am trying to use a USB 2.0 bluetooth
dongle (Belkin F8T012) through a USB 2.0 hub. The problem I have is that
whenever I insert the BT dongle the kernel reports the following error:

hci_usb_intr_rx_submit: hci- intr rx submit failed urb df265514 err -28

I have seen a conversation in which Marcel participated on the linux
kernel mailing lists which referred to a similar problem, but the
discussion was never really finished so no solution was given (see
http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/20/62). The problem seems to appear only
when using the ehci_hcd USB module. Because when I use the uhci_hcd
module (by rmmod ehci_hcd) it works. Does anyone have any idea what the
source of this problem is and how I might be able to solve it?

Regards,
Herman Meerlo

by Herman Meerlo

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Herman,
>

>> I hope one of you can help me... I am trying to use a USB 2.0 bluetooth
>> dongle (Belkin F8T012) through a USB 2.0 hub. The problem I have is that
>> whenever I insert the BT dongle the kernel reports the following error:
>>
>> hci_usb_intr_rx_submit: hci- intr rx submit failed urb df265514 err -28
>>
>> I have seen a conversation in which Marcel participated on the linux
>> kernel mailing lists which referred to a similar problem, but the
>> discussion was never really finished so no solution was given (see
>> http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/20/62). The problem seems to appear only
>> when using the ehci_hcd USB module. Because when I use the uhci_hcd
>> module (by rmmod ehci_hcd) it works. Does anyone have any idea what the
>> source of this problem is and how I might be able to solve it?
>>

> and again this seems to be an USB issue and not a Bluetooth issue. Take
> it up with the USB guys and make sure you run the latest 2.6 kernel.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

You are absolutely right off course. And upgrading the kernel did the
trick. Sorry for bothering you with this.

Regards,
Herman

2006-02-20 20:38:59

by Marcel Holtmann