2006-04-17 07:52:24

by Neil Tucker

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Installing Bluetooth-alsa ./configure fails

Hi

I'm attempting to install Bluetooth-alsa on my Fedora Core 5 machine. I'm
reasonablly good with using linux but have little experience compiling
packages but have made a few custom kernels before by following the howto.

It is a 2.6.* kernel. The kernel source package is installed and linked
to /usr/src/linux

The ./configure fails because it can't find the bluetooth.h header files see
below. Here are the steps I take:

#yum install bluez-libs bluez-pin bluez-utils bluez-hcidump bluez-utils-cup

#yum install alsa-tools alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-lib-devel

#yum install automake

$ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa log
$ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa co btsco

$ cd btsco

$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure
.
.
.
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found

Can body help me please?

by Tom K

Neil Tucker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm attempting to install Bluetooth-alsa on my Fedora Core 5 machine. I'm
> reasonablly good with using linux but have little experience compiling
> packages but have made a few custom kernels before by following the howto.
>
> It is a 2.6.* kernel. The kernel source package is installed and linked
> to /usr/src/linux
>
> The ./configure fails because it can't find the bluetooth.h header files see
> below. Here are the steps I take:
>
> #yum install bluez-libs bluez-pin bluez-utils bluez-hcidump bluez-utils-cup
>
> #yum install alsa-tools alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-lib-devel
>
> #yum install automake
>
> $ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa log
> $ cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa co btsco
>
> $ cd btsco
>
> $ ./bootstrap
> $ ./configure
> .
> .
> .
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
> checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
> configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found
>

> Can body help me please?

Install bluez-libs-devel.