2006-05-25 20:15:29

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Question for Marcel (& maybe others)

Hi All, (and as stated, especially Marcel)

There is an item in the TODO list concerning SCO audio:

"Full support for SCO connections with the HCI USB driver"

Could you please provide me some details on the missing bits ?

Cheers,

Fabien

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Question for Marcel (& maybe others)

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>

>>There is an item in the TODO list concerning SCO audio:
>>
>>"Full support for SCO connections with the HCI USB driver"
>>
>>Could you please provide me some details on the missing bits ?
>

> for the hci_usb driver and SCO support you need to switch the alternate
> setting of the second interface depending on how many SCO channels are
> opened and what voice setting is in use. This is not implemented. We
> only support one channel and 16-bit encoding.

Ok, thanks for this clarification.
I think i will try to improve this, however for now it's not on top of
my todo list....

Cheers,

Fabien

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabien,

> There is an item in the TODO list concerning SCO audio:
>
> "Full support for SCO connections with the HCI USB driver"
>
> Could you please provide me some details on the missing bits ?

for the hci_usb driver and SCO support you need to switch the alternate
setting of the second interface depending on how many SCO channels are
opened and what voice setting is in use. This is not implemented. We
only support one channel and 16-bit encoding.

Regards

Marcel