2006-06-06 15:30:07

by Brad Midgley

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Fabien Chevalier's plugin in cvs

Hi

Fabien Chevalier's plugin that moves sco audio handling to userspace is
now in our cvs. We hope it will be more convenient for people to track
and work with us on it this way. Email your comments and patches here to
bluez-devel.

Fabien was calling it 'bluez-headset' and for now I've renamed it to
'alsa-plugin-sco' since everything we have could be described as
bluez-headset :)

It should appear shortly in anon cvs:

cvs
-d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa
login
cvs
-d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa
co alsa-plugin-sco

This is a big piece of the puzzle and I'm excited to be moving in the
right direction. Thank you, Fabien...

Brad

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Fabien Chevalier's plugin in cvs

Hi all,

> Hi
>
> Fabien Chevalier's plugin that moves sco audio handling to userspace is
> now in our cvs. We hope it will be more convenient for people to track
> and work with us on it this way. Email your comments and patches here to
> bluez-devel.
>
> Fabien was calling it 'bluez-headset' and for now I've renamed it to
> 'alsa-plugin-sco' since everything we have could be described as
> bluez-headset :)

Yes, however i have the advantage that i am the only one targetting 100%
of headset profile. :-)
However i would tend to agree with the fact that it is just misleading
for the end user to have something called bluez-headset that cannot
handle his brand new stereo (a2dp) headset :-)

At the end of the day we will have to find a better name, and rename
some files to have something coherent at the end... However it's really
not really important for now, and alsa-plugin-sco will be just fine for
now :-)

Fabien