2006-07-20 20:36:05

by Fabrizio Guglielmino

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Many simultaneous BtOBEX_TransportConnect ?

I'm facing a problem with bluez and I can't found the solution.
Situation is:
bluez-libs-3.1
openobex-1.2
linux kernel 2.6.12

I'm simply trying to send a file (vcard) to two cellular phones
simultaneous using object push profile.
I've writed a little C program based on obex_test that take btaddr,
channel and filename and push the last.
If I send to only one device all it'ok, but if I try to send
simultaneous launcing two commands in cascade the first go ok but the
second
always fail in BtOBEX_TransportConnect of openobex ibrary.

Testing two rfcomm connection to same devices all works....

Is this a bluez (or openopex) limitation?

I've implemented the same on windows xp with microsoft stack without
problems and
I'm testing the solutions with the same bluetooth usd dongles.

by Fabrizio Guglielmino

Hi Marcell....You've already respoded to me sending the l2cap patch to
handle multiple l2cap connections....
The problem is the same ...BtOBEX_TransportConnect make a connect so
fall in the l2cap layer limitation.
I'm working on the patch but I'm not so expert on kernel/modules
developing so I need some time.....

Many thansk a lot....

Marcel Holtmann ha scritto:
> Hi Fabrizio,
>

>> I'm facing a problem with bluez and I can't found the solution.
>> Situation is:
>> bluez-libs-3.1
>> openobex-1.2
>> linux kernel 2.6.12
>>
>> I'm simply trying to send a file (vcard) to two cellular phones
>> simultaneous using object push profile.
>> I've writed a little C program based on obex_test that take btaddr,
>> channel and filename and push the last.
>> If I send to only one device all it'ok, but if I try to send
>> simultaneous launcing two commands in cascade the first go ok but the
>> second
>> always fail in BtOBEX_TransportConnect of openobex ibrary.
>>
>> Testing two rfcomm connection to same devices all works....
>>
>> Is this a bluez (or openopex) limitation?
>>
>> I've implemented the same on windows xp with microsoft stack without
>> problems and
>> I'm testing the solutions with the same bluetooth usd dongles.
>>

> run "hcidump -X -V" and check if you might create the ACL connections at
> the same time. This will fail with most dongles.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabrizio,

> I'm facing a problem with bluez and I can't found the solution.
> Situation is:
> bluez-libs-3.1
> openobex-1.2
> linux kernel 2.6.12
>
> I'm simply trying to send a file (vcard) to two cellular phones
> simultaneous using object push profile.
> I've writed a little C program based on obex_test that take btaddr,
> channel and filename and push the last.
> If I send to only one device all it'ok, but if I try to send
> simultaneous launcing two commands in cascade the first go ok but the
> second
> always fail in BtOBEX_TransportConnect of openobex ibrary.
>
> Testing two rfcomm connection to same devices all works....
>
> Is this a bluez (or openopex) limitation?
>
> I've implemented the same on windows xp with microsoft stack without
> problems and
> I'm testing the solutions with the same bluetooth usd dongles.

run "hcidump -X -V" and check if you might create the ACL connections at
the same time. This will fail with most dongles.

Regards

Marcel

by Collin R. Mulliner

I think this is a OpenOBEX limitation, the workaround is to create the
rfcomm connections "by hand" and then use the OpenOBEX file descriptor
interface.

context.libObex = OBEX_Init(OBEX_TRANS_FD, eventhandler, 0);
FdOBEX_TransportSetup(...)

Collin

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 22:36 +0200, Fabrizio Guglielmino wrote:
> I'm facing a problem with bluez and I can't found the solution.
> Situation is:
> bluez-libs-3.1
> openobex-1.2
> linux kernel 2.6.12
>
> I'm simply trying to send a file (vcard) to two cellular phones
> simultaneous using object push profile.
> I've writed a little C program based on obex_test that take btaddr,
> channel and filename and push the last.
> If I send to only one device all it'ok, but if I try to send
> simultaneous launcing two commands in cascade the first go ok but the
> second
> always fail in BtOBEX_TransportConnect of openobex ibrary.
>
> Testing two rfcomm connection to same devices all works....
>
> Is this a bluez (or openopex) limitation?
>
> I've implemented the same on windows xp with microsoft stack without
> problems and
> I'm testing the solutions with the same bluetooth usd dongles.

Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
He is dead Jim! --Dr. McCoy