2006-12-18 10:13:23

by Rahul Tank

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Setting of bluetooth address in asoundrc

hello all,
i would like to know whether is it possible to automatically set
bluetooth address in .asoundrc. Is there a way to set bluetooth address in
.asoundrc from outside. (eg. exporting a global variable). The reason for
this is that i have two bluetooth headsets. On switching the headset i have
to again edit the .asoundrc file. Instead if i can update the .asoundrc from
outside, i guess i could just write a script which finds bluetooth address
and sets it. but is this possible ??

thanks in advance..

Attachments:
(No filename) (515.00 B)
(No filename) (544.00 B)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Rahul

> i would like to know whether is it possible to automatically set
> bluetooth address in .asoundrc. Is there a way to set bluetooth address
> in .asoundrc from outside. (eg. exporting a global variable). The reason
> for this is that i have two bluetooth headsets. On switching the headset
> i have to again edit the .asoundrc file. Instead if i can update the
> .asoundrc from outside, i guess i could just write a script which finds
> bluetooth address and sets it. but is this possible ??

I feel your pain. Yes, I think it would be scriptable. If it's a2dp
you're using, the daemon can re-read the config on the fly but sco stuff
will require a client restart.

The plan of course is to have a proper gui (the "audio routing gui" in
http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/future.html fwiw). I've been
tinkering with pulseaudio to see how things might fit together.

Brad