2007-01-06 17:46:06

by Tom Lloyd

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Error: Unsupported LMP Parameter Value

Hi All,

I have been working on the problem of my headset running down quickly with
the help of Brad (Thanks I owe you about 10 by now) I have established that
once the headset is connected to the btsco daemon it is unable to switch
into the low power standby mode. I have taken the output from hcidump -V -X
and put the relevant lines below. This message continues to repeat itself
every twenty seconds while the headset is connected to btsco. I hope this
can help someone explain what the problem is to me. I have taken a crash
course in Bluetooth just recently.
It occurred to me that it could be my hciconfig file which is now not the
standard file under Ubuntu 6.10. While I was attempting to get the headset
to work I modified it quite heavily. If someone thinks this could be the
problem please drop me a line at [email protected] feel free to <MSN
me or Yahoo [email protected] or skype thomas_lloyd.

Any ideas on the problem would be appreciated. I am trying to get this
working for my new business idea but I am struggling with this last point.

HCI Event: Mode Change (0x14) plen 6
status 0x20 handle 1 mode 0x00 interval 65535
Error: Unsupported LMP Parameter Value

I am using a Logitech HS05 v2 headset with a safecom dongle. As I have said
it all seems to work apart from going into park (if that's the right term).

Thanks

Tom Lloyd

by Mayank BATRA

Hi Tom,

> It would be helpful to see the HCI Command that resulted in the HCI Event.
> Unfortunately that event is used for all mode changes and doesn't indicate
> what mode was requested.

Most probably it should be a request for sniff.

> If you've got a "Write Link Policy Settings" command in your trace it might
> be helpful to see that as well.

Actually the link policy settings are applicable only when the remote
side requests for sniff/park/hold.

Even if sniff mode is not enabled using write link policy settings
command and still the host requests for sniff mode, it will not be
rejected as long as the remote device has sniff mode enabled using the
same command.

> Sounds like the headset doesn't like the parameters in the power saving mode
> request.

This is correct, the headset does not like the parameters in the sniff
command.

> Or, it could be that the headset doesn't support power saving mode
> that is being requested, but I think that causes a different status to be
> returned.

Correct, this results in an error code "LMP PDU not allowed".

Best Regards,

Mayank

---
Random Quote Follows:
I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.

by Tom Allebrandi

It would be helpful to see the HCI Command that resulted in the HCI Event.
Unfortunately that event is used for all mode changes and doesn't indicate
what mode was requested.

If you've got a "Write Link Policy Settings" command in your trace it might
be helpful to see that as well.

Sounds like the headset doesn't like the parameters in the power saving mode
request. Or, it could be that the headset doesn't support power saving mode
that is being requested, but I think that causes a different status to be
returned.

--- tom
tom allebrandi
[email protected]