2007-01-07 19:06:08

by Kevin Fenzi

Subject: [Bluez-devel] 2 plugz issues

Greetings.

I noticed not long ago that you guys had switched the btsco setup over
to a new 'plugz' setup. No kernel module is a great thing. ;)

I have run into 2 issues however:

1. Just checking out, building and running works, but I end up getting
no sound from headsetd, and it spits out:

Unable to set number of SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !

Commenting out that check in the code results in it working ok.
Is that just for better performance?
What kernel version do you need to upgrade to here?
Is this related to the patches in the patches/ dir?

2. Once I comment out that code from 1 above, my headset works fine and
sounds ok. However, if I do anything that sends a DTMF from my sip
phone (I am using twinkle) it causes twinkle to go into a 100% cpu
spin, and once to totally lock up my machine. Any idea why DTMF would
cause that? Is there any way I can test or get more info to track down
the problem?

Otherwise great progress guys... keep up the great work.

kevin

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] 2 plugz issues

Kevin,

>> 2. Once I comment out that code from 1 above, my headset works fine and
>> sounds ok. However, if I do anything that sends a DTMF from my sip
>> phone (I am using twinkle) it causes twinkle to go into a 100% cpu
>> spin, and once to totally lock up my machine. Any idea why DTMF would
>> cause that? Is there any way I can test or get more info to track down
>> the problem?
>
> please try it with plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v3.0.diff applied.

I would second Brad remark. With an unpatched kernel you will experience
kernel crashes. The test you removed from the code was supposed to check
for the above kernel patch !! ;-)

Btw, i would like to update the project documentation, to explicitely
say the kernel patch is mandatory.

Brad, how could i do this ? I noticed the web site content is available
in docs directory of plugz module. Is it enough to modify this directory
to update the web site ?

Cheers,

Fabien

by Brad Midgley

Kevin

> 2. Once I comment out that code from 1 above, my headset works fine and
> sounds ok. However, if I do anything that sends a DTMF from my sip
> phone (I am using twinkle) it causes twinkle to go into a 100% cpu
> spin, and once to totally lock up my machine. Any idea why DTMF would
> cause that? Is there any way I can test or get more info to track down
> the problem?

please try it with plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v3.0.diff applied.

Brad