2007-02-18 17:48:54

by Frédéric Dalleau

Subject: [Bluez-devel] RE : bluetooth-alsa: ALSA doesn't recognise a2dpd?

winmail.dat (2.96 kB)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by bluez.mexon

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] RE : bluetooth-alsa: ALSA doesn't recognise a2dpd? (bluez: message 14 of 20)

Frederic Dalleau - [email protected] wrote:
>>> Hi, just type it manually a2dpd
>> This doesn't work for me either. I typed "a2dpd" and selected software
>> mixer. When I press play, the frequency band thing shows a solid
>> horizontal black line, so it looks like it's just unable to write any
>> data out.
>
> Download and build latest xmms from their site.
> or try another player.
> aplay -Dpcm.a2dpd
> or use pcm.!default instead of pcm.a2dpd.

I tried aplay -Dpcm.a2dpd with a wav file and got this:

aplay -Dpcm.a2dpd testfile.wav
Playing WAVE 'testfile.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100
Hz, Stereoaplay: set_params:904: Sample format non available

Do you have some particular reason to think that a newer version of XMMS
will work better? Because it looks to me as though a2dpd is somehow
failing to register itself with ALSA properly, and it's nothing to do
with the player at all.