2007-04-02 11:12:48

by Jasper Mackenzie

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Help getting Plugz going

Gidday.

I am trying to get a JABRA BT135 working on my mums laptop with limited
success.

Currently the older btsco way is 1/2 working, with mic working, poor
quality, but working.
The 'speaker' bit ... reciving audio is not working, as in theres no
sound just a faint hiss, that starts and stops when the audio starts and
stops, with beeps from the headest at appropriate times to indicate that
it was recieving audio.
btsco was run and compiled as per the Download and build instructions.

Due to the poor recording quality and the lack of playback, i figured that
plugz would be the way to go.

I googled as much as i could for a more comprehensive howto on install ing
and running Plugz, but only returned howtos for the btsco method,
Hence I am asking for help as to how to setup Plugz for an almost idiot.

What I tried:
almost built from source, until i saw that debian has a bluetooth-alsa
package (Debian Unstable)
copied .asoundrc to the home and root directories, ran headsetd -n
then tried to connect to the headset via various methods. Sorry dont have
the box on hand, so i cant say what exact command i used to try and
connect to the headset, but none of them produced any output from
headsetd, and none produced any audio in te headset.

I wasnt sure whether or not I was to put the mac address of the headset in
the asoundrc file or not, and if so where. it looked like these things
were inherited from environmental variables.

so major concerns: what to do with asoundrc, how to run headsetd, and
connect to headset.

The bluetooth adaptor is a D-Link cf card in a pcmcia converter, it is the
HCI type (CSR) .. sorry all from crappy memory)

TIA

Jasper

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Help getting Plugz going

Jasper

> I googled as much as i could for a more comprehensive howto on install ing
> and running Plugz, but only returned howtos for the btsco method,

it sounds like you didn't see this one

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

also, the sco flowcontrol patch should be applied even if you are using
the btsco method.

brad