2007-04-04 08:24:20

by Markus Adolfsson

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Troubles with mulitple SCO connections (duplex)

Hi all,

I'd like to establish two SCO connections simultaneously using BlueZ
from my "coordinator" application that in the long run will connect /
mix the two SCO connections to let two headsets hear each other, as well
as letting the master controller-application I'm writing to hear both
headsets...

The app itself is fairly straight forward and I've gotten everything to
work properly besides one little tiny detail - One SCO connection works
fine, but once I connect the second SCO connection, all SCO connections
goes down (without any error from the socket / connect commands)...

Both SCO-connections are still there, the headsets only hear "noise" and
I have the fealing that the two headsets don't send any audio, but that
they _do receive_ on the SCO connections... Strange!

Is this a packet-type issue and if so - how can I set the packet-types
from "within" the BlueZ lib / my app?

Regards,
/Markus Adolfsson

*Markus Adolfsson*
M.Sc.CE. Product Development
Mail: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>
Phone: +46 35 152268 <callto:+4635152268>
Mobile: +46 707 165296 <callto:+46707165296>

*Free2move AB* -- /WIRELESS MADE EASY/
Phone: +46 35 152260 <callto:+4635152260>
Fax: +46 35 152269 <callto:+4635152269>
Web: http://www.free2move.net <http://www.free2move.net>
Address: Sperlingsgatan 7
SE-30248 Halmstad
Sweden

Attachments:
markus.adolfsson.vcf (269.00 B)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Markus Adolfsson

I actually set the packet-types to "ALL SCO" and let stack do its magic
work according to your suggestions, but in reality it turned out to use
HV3 which makes sense as that imply (AFAIK) that 2/3 of the bandwidth is
used for the two SCO connections, leaving 1/3 left for the 3 RF_COMM
connections.

/Markus

Mayank BATRA skrev:
>> For what it's worth;
>>

>> After having cross-compiled to my embedded system and leaving the
>>
> USB-dongle solution behind, everything now works like a breeze and I now
> have a BT device hosting running 2 SCO connections and 3 RF_COMM sockets
> simultaneously.
>
> And what packet types are these two SCO connectionis using now?
>
> -Mayank

*Markus Adolfsson*
M.Sc.CE. Product Development
Mail: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>
Phone: +46 35 152268 <callto:+4635152268>
Mobile: +46 707 165296 <callto:+46707165296>

*Free2move AB* -- /WIRELESS MADE EASY/
Phone: +46 35 152260 <callto:+4635152260>
Fax: +46 35 152269 <callto:+4635152269>
Web: http://www.free2move.net <http://www.free2move.net>
Address: Sperlingsgatan 7
SE-30248 Halmstad
Sweden

Attachments:
markus.adolfsson.vcf (269.00 B)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Mayank BATRA

> For what it's worth;

> After having cross-compiled to my embedded system and leaving the
USB-dongle solution behind, everything now works like a breeze and I now
have a BT device hosting running 2 SCO connections and 3 RF_COMM sockets
simultaneously.

And what packet types are these two SCO connectionis using now?

-Mayank

by Markus Adolfsson

For what it's worth;

After having cross-compiled to my embedded system and leaving the
USB-dongle solution behind, everything now works like a breeze and I now
have a BT device hosting running 2 SCO connections and 3 RF_COMM sockets
simultaneously.

Thanks for your help along the way!
/Markus

Brad Midgley skrev:
> Markus
>

>> My spontaneous reaction would be; really?
>>
>> My code is based on the socket-abstraction in BlueZ and it works fine
>> for multiple ACL connections
>>

> Marcel says the usb layer needs a rewrite to accommodate this. It has
> something to do with resource allocation on usb iirc.
>
> It does work now on systems that use a serial hci connection (mostly
> embedded) but that may not help you.
>
> Brad

*Markus Adolfsson*
M.Sc.CE. Product Development
Mail: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>
Phone: +46 35 152268 <callto:+4635152268>
Mobile: +46 707 165296 <callto:+46707165296>

*Free2move AB* -- /WIRELESS MADE EASY/
Phone: +46 35 152260 <callto:+4635152260>
Fax: +46 35 152269 <callto:+4635152269>
Web: http://www.free2move.net <http://www.free2move.net>
Address: Sperlingsgatan 7
SE-30248 Halmstad
Sweden

Attachments:
markus.adolfsson.vcf (269.00 B)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Markus

> My spontaneous reaction would be; really?
>
> My code is based on the socket-abstraction in BlueZ and it works fine
> for multiple ACL connections

Marcel says the usb layer needs a rewrite to accommodate this. It has
something to do with resource allocation on usb iirc.

It does work now on systems that use a serial hci connection (mostly
embedded) but that may not help you.

Brad

by Markus Adolfsson

Hi Jose,

My spontaneous reaction would be; really?

My code is based on the socket-abstraction in BlueZ and it works fine
for multiple ACL connections, and the SCO-option is only a second
socket-invocation on top of that...? Confusing... There has to be some
way to solve this? Setting SCO packet type to HV1 allows for three
simultaneous SCO connections AFAIK - so this should not be limited in
BlueZ - and if it really is, then why and how do I work around that....
I mean, RF_COMM / ACL sockets work just fine...

Regards,
Markus Adolfsson

Jose Vasconcellos skrev:
> What you are seeing is normal. The current code only supports one
> connection.
> It would be better if the existing code simply would fail to open a second
> connection to avoid a lot of confusion.

*Markus Adolfsson*
M.Sc.CE. Product Development
Mail: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>
Phone: +46 35 152268 <callto:+4635152268>
Mobile: +46 707 165296 <callto:+46707165296>

*Free2move AB* -- /WIRELESS MADE EASY/
Phone: +46 35 152260 <callto:+4635152260>
Fax: +46 35 152269 <callto:+4635152269>
Web: http://www.free2move.net <http://www.free2move.net>
Address: Sperlingsgatan 7
SE-30248 Halmstad