2007-04-17 20:26:03

by Reiner Klenk

Subject: [Bluez-devel] plugz on N800

Hi,
somewhat to my surprise plugz and sbc compile without problems in
scratchbox. I copied libs and the a2dpd binary to the Nokia N800 and
they appear to work reasonably well with mplayer. CPU load due to a2dpd
is about 20%, so there are enough cycles left for mp3/ogg decoding
without the DSP. It probably won't be easy to convince the build-in apps
to output via a2dpd. Nevertheless, this means I now have bluetooth
stereo on my N800!

Thanks,
Reiner

--
debb1046 (gmail.com, gtalk, jabber.org, ekiga.net, last.fm, skype)

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] plugz on N800

Reiner

> somewhat to my surprise plugz and sbc compile without problems in
> scratchbox. I copied libs and the a2dpd binary to the Nokia N800 and
> they appear to work reasonably well with mplayer. CPU load due to a2dpd
> is about 20%, so there are enough cycles left for mp3/ogg decoding
> without the DSP. It probably won't be easy to convince the build-in apps
> to output via a2dpd. Nevertheless, this means I now have bluetooth
> stereo on my N800!

that's nice to see you validated it works. looks like most of the work
ahead is with integration.

fwiw, some of the guys at Campina Grande (http://dee.ufcg.edu.br/) were
saying now that they helped get the encoder working properly on arm,
they could make an sbc dsp task a project for students to work on. dsp
work is very involved, so I'll leave that to the experts.

brad