2007-05-15 15:05:05

by Pierre-Yves Paulus

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Error.InProgress forever after DBus timeout on GetRemoteServiceHandles

Hello,

I perform a call on GetRemoteServiceHandles. For some reason it fails
with a DBus timeout. After it has happened, each subsequent call to
GetRemoteServiceHandles about this device result in a Error.InProgress.

More precisely, my code tried it 36 times over about 7 minutes, and it
failed that way each time.

What should I do in such a case? It should somehow effectively timeout,
or there should be a way to cancel it. I didn't find any in the
dbus-api.txt file.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pierre-Yves,

> I perform a call on GetRemoteServiceHandles. For some reason it fails
> with a DBus timeout. After it has happened, each subsequent call to
> GetRemoteServiceHandles about this device result in a Error.InProgress.
>
> More precisely, my code tried it 36 times over about 7 minutes, and it
> failed that way each time.
>
> What should I do in such a case? It should somehow effectively timeout,
> or there should be a way to cancel it. I didn't find any in the
> dbus-api.txt file.

from the hcid side it is impossible to know when the request fails due
to a timeout. However calling the FinishRemoteServiceTransaction method
should cleanup the state and make it usable again. If not, then that is
a bug.

Regards

Marcel