2007-07-04 02:29:00

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SPP server

Hello everyone,
I want to write an app that lets me receive SPP connections from
outside. I had been taking a look at the new D-BUS interface, specially
to the D-BUS service, but couldn't get anything useful.
I would like to know if someone can give me some tips about this, or
shall I go the old rfcomm sockets way?
Thanks,
Manuel

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SPP server

Hi Marcel,
> using RFCOMM sockets is still the preferred way of it. Using RFCOMM TTYs
> is only there for compat reasons and legacy applications.

Thanks, just what I thought. I'm using the RFCOMM sockets then. Any idea
when
the D-BUS interface will be done? I haven't seen the other d-bus
implementations yet
maybe I can help with it, I'm not sure, I will take a look at the other
d-bus interfaces
source.

Regards,
Manuel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,

> I want to write an app that lets me receive SPP connections from
> outside. I had been taking a look at the new D-BUS interface, specially
> to the D-BUS service, but couldn't get anything useful.
> I would like to know if someone can give me some tips about this, or
> shall I go the old rfcomm sockets way?

using RFCOMM sockets is still the preferred way of it. Using RFCOMM TTYs
is only there for compat reasons and legacy applications.

Regards

Marcel