2007-08-02 18:25:53

by Udayan Singh

Subject: [Bluez-devel] OBEX OPP/FTP implementation in Bluez

Hi All,

Had been going through the link of bluez wiki. On the following page:
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap
----------------------------
This page lists planed features, changes, etc to BlueZ in the future.
Transfer service
Obex Object Push Profile (OPP)
Obex File Transfer Profile (FTP)
----------------------------
So, isnt this implemented as of now ?

In case yes, which package should i look into else, if i am interested
in implementing the same, any views that you would like to share.

Thanks,
Udayan

by Pierre-Yves Paulus

Hi Manuel,

>> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Transfer
>>
> I can certainly update this one, and add a brief description on how to
> use obexftp and openobex with bluez.

I would be very interested in this howto, too. Thanks in advance for
writing it.

Best Regards,
Pierre-Yves

by Bastien Nocera

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 23:55 +0530, Udayan Singh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Had been going through the link of bluez wiki. On the following page:
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap
> ----------------------------
> This page lists planed features, changes, etc to BlueZ in the future.
> Transfer service
> Obex Object Push Profile (OPP)
> Obex File Transfer Profile (FTP)

by Collin R. Mulliner

if you are looking for a OBEX (OOP/FTP) server then checkout:
http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/sobexsrv.php

Collin

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 23:55 +0530, Udayan Singh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Had been going through the link of bluez wiki. On the following page:
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap
> ----------------------------
> This page lists planed features, changes, etc to BlueZ in the future.
> Transfer service
> Obex Object Push Profile (OPP)
> Obex File Transfer Profile (FTP)
> ----------------------------
> So, isnt this implemented as of now ?
>
> In case yes, which package should i look into else, if i am interested
> in implementing the same, any views that you would like to share.
>
> Thanks,
> Udayan

Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
To know recursion, you must first know recursion.

by Manuel Naranjo

Udayan Singh escribi=F3:
> Hi Manuel,
>

> =

>>> as well as roadmap:
>>> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap
>>>
>>> =

>> I don't know if I can update this one, maybe in the feature BlueZ team
>> want to add obex support directly in the stack.
>> =

> So presently Bluez does not have obex support directly in the stack.
> If I want to work on the same, ne pointers to how can I go about doing
> the same ?
You can use openobex and obexftp (both are in the same place, openobex =

is a lib obexftp is an user app), it's the defacto obex implementation =

for linux and it works perfectly over bluetooth with bluez. It's just =

that you don't get this when you download blueZ.
What I'm not sure is that if the BlueZ guys are planning to reimplement =

Obex and add this to they're source base.

by Udayan Singh

Hi Manuel,

> > as well as roadmap:
> > http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap
> >
> I don't know if I can update this one, maybe in the feature BlueZ team
> want to add obex support directly in the stack.

So presently Bluez does not have obex support directly in the stack.
If I want to work on the same, ne pointers to how can I go about doing
the same ?

Thanks for all the inputs,
Udayan

> Cheers,
> Manuel

by Manuel Naranjo

Hi Udayan,
> Thanks for the inputs, will check the same.

No problem :D.

> Also, probably you can update the wiki for bluez ??
>
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Transfer

I can certainly update this one, and add a brief description on how to
use obexftp and openobex with bluez.
> as well as roadmap:
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap

I don't know if I can update this one, maybe in the feature BlueZ team
want to add obex support directly in the stack.

Cheers,
Manuel

by Udayan Singh

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the inputs, will check the same.

Also, probably you can update the wiki for bluez ??

http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Transfer

as well as roadmap:
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Roadmap

I think it would be a good idea to do so !!

Regards,
Udayan