2007-09-05 16:43:25

by Advhertz

Subject: [Bluez-devel] [bluetooth-alsa] SCO-FLOWCONTROL patch in the newest kernels

I all,
I've applied the
http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff
patch on my 2.6.22 kernel to let the SCO protocol works with my bluetooth
headset and it works well.

Anyway I had some problem during the patching as the kernel wasn't the
correct one.

I've applied the patch to a vanilla kernel.

My question is: exists yet a patch like that for the 2.6.22 kernel and the
2.6.23 one?

Thanks All,
Best Regards,
Advhertz.

Attachments:
(No filename) (477.00 B)
(No filename) (707.00 B)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabien,

> > I've applied the
> > http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff
> > <http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff>
> > patch on my 2.6.22 kernel to let the SCO protocol works with my
> > bluetooth headset and it works well.
> >
> > Anyway I had some problem during the patching as the kernel wasn't the
> > correct one.
> >
> Indeed they should be updated to apply cleanly on latest 2.6.22 kernel.
> If you can provide an updated version of the patch i would happily push
> it in CVS.

the new audio service support for mono headset doesn't really need this
patch. Eventually we have to have it, but right now the Bluetooth Core
inside the kernel is in a major re-write to remove all the old cruft and
keeping this patch in sync is totally impossible. Once I have the eSCO
support merged upstream then we can talk about it again.

Regards

Marcel

by Advhertz

First of all, Hi and thanks for the answer.

Indeed they should be updated to apply cleanly on latest 2.6.22 kernel.

When u talk about "they" I'm not understanding who are refer to? Are u not
a bluetooth-alsa maintainer?

If you can provide an updated version of the patch i would happily push
> it in CVS.

Well as I have a few time to spend I'll do...

eh eh...

Best Regards,
Advhertz

Attachments:
(No filename) (392.00 B)
(No filename) (816.00 B)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fabien Chevalier

Hi Carlo,
> I all,
> I've applied the
> http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff
> <http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff>
> patch on my 2.6.22 kernel to let the SCO protocol works with my
> bluetooth headset and it works well.
>
> Anyway I had some problem during the patching as the kernel wasn't the
> correct one.

Indeed they should be updated to apply cleanly on latest 2.6.22 kernel.
If you can provide an updated version of the patch i would happily push
it in CVS.

Regards,

Fabien