2007-10-08 15:46:45

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: [Bluez-devel] HFP design question : polls opened !

Dear Bluez friends,

Looks like HFP work will finally get started, thanks to Frederic
Dalleau's initiative. :-)
For my part i will switch to that one day or the other, however at
the moment i am still working on some a2dp fixes and some other stuff,
but i will get there eventually.

One of the painful issues with HFP is the AT commands parsing. I tend to
be a lazy guy and not very interested in writing a parser (hey we are in
21th century now !! :-) )
To ease the pain we could use the brand new GRegex tool, that brings the
power of regular expressions to the glib world. That would meen however
that we would have to port it to eglib first.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, it's just an idea.
What do you guys think about it?

Cheers,

Fabien

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] HFP design question : polls opened !

Hi Frederic,

> HFP syntax is quite basic
> most comand provide few parameter so sscanf+strcmp is enough...
>
> I feel regexp power is not needed for these syntaxes.

As you're the only one that got his nose on an HFP parser, then i will
trust your word.

So, unless anybody wants do add anything, lets say poll is closed. ;-)

Cheers,

Fabien

by Frédéric Dalleau

HFP syntax is quite basic
most comand provide few parameter so sscanf+strcmp is enough...

I feel regexp power is not needed for these syntaxes.

Fred

Fabien Chevalier wrote:
> Hi Marcel, Frederic x2 & all
>
>>> Marcel, there is no portability issue with GRegex : it is completely
>>> self contained (no external deps added). ;-)
>>
>> as I said, for BlueZ 4.x, no problem. Before that we have to see. Show
>> me example code for an AT parser. I purely will judge based on its
>> complexity.
>>

> That's a good way to judge indeed, however no way i spend 2 days
> writing an AT parser by hand just for you to have a 2 minutes looks
> at it ;-)
>
> However Access guys have already written a parser,
> maybe either of our Frederic's can share with us their HFP parsing code,
> to see how it looks like ?
>
> FD and FD, what do you think ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fabien

by Fabien Chevalier

Hi Marcel, Frederic x2 & all

>> Marcel, there is no portability issue with GRegex : it is completely
>> self contained (no external deps added). ;-)
>
> as I said, for BlueZ 4.x, no problem. Before that we have to see. Show
> me example code for an AT parser. I purely will judge based on its
> complexity.

That's a good way to judge indeed, however no way i spend 2 days writing
an AT parser by hand just for you to have a 2 minutes looks at it ;-)

However Access guys have already written a parser,
maybe either of our Frederic's can share with us their HFP parsing code,
to see how it looks like ?

FD and FD, what do you think ?

Cheers,

Fabien

2007-10-09 08:45:24

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabien,

> >> To ease the pain we could use the brand new GRegex tool, that brings the
> >> power of regular expressions to the glib world. That would meen however
> >> that we would have to port it to eglib first.
> >
> > it is okay to depend on GLib for certain things. Starting with 4.x we
> > will make GLib mandatory and remove eglib. However for the AT command
> > parsing, I might wanna have a self written parser. This way it is more
> > portable.
>
> Marcel, there is no portability issue with GRegex : it is completely
> self contained (no external deps added). ;-)

as I said, for BlueZ 4.x, no problem. Before that we have to see. Show
me example code for an AT parser. I purely will judge based on its
complexity.

Regards

Marcel

by Fabien Chevalier