2007-10-31 17:10:21

by Fabrizio Guglielmino

Subject: [Bluez-devel] About bluetooth 2.1

Hi all,
I've read about optimized inquiry in bluetooth 2.1, If I understood
correctly the inquiry return remote device name and services list
information of the discovered remote devices.
In current version to obtain the same result I've to make an inquiry a
name request and a sdp query for every remote device discovered.
My question is, given that the new protocol is compatible with the old,
if I make an inquiry using a 2.1 dongle with blueZ I don't need to make
name and service discovery or it's required because the optimized
inquiry works only between devices with 2.1 version?

many thanks
Fabrizio

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] About bluetooth 2.1

Hi Fabrizio,

> I've read about optimized inquiry in bluetooth 2.1, If I understood
> correctly the inquiry return remote device name and services list
> information of the discovered remote devices.
> In current version to obtain the same result I've to make an inquiry a
> name request and a sdp query for every remote device discovered.
> My question is, given that the new protocol is compatible with the old,
> if I make an inquiry using a 2.1 dongle with blueZ I don't need to make
> name and service discovery or it's required because the optimized
> inquiry works only between devices with 2.1 version?

you need to have Bluetooth 2.1 dongles and host stacks supporting 2.1 on
both sides to make this work.

Regards

Marcel