2007-11-28 14:39:35

by Matthias Becker

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Set security level?

Most phones don't require pairing when using obex push (not obex ftp). =

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:bluez-devel-bounces@=
lists.sourceforge.net] Im Auftrag von Manuel Naranjo
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. November 2007 14:22
An: BlueZ development
Betreff: [Bluez-devel] Set security level?

Hello everyone,

I'm working on an Open Source Proximity marketing solution. And I need
to know something, I know that there's a way to send files over obex
without the need to pair (depending on the phone capabilities off
course, and user acceptance). I know that this can be used for spamming,
but that's not my intention.

The question would be, is there any way to change the security level of
a connection via dbus? I know this has to be handled at a very low
level, before you can even get the rfcomm connection, and I don't think
this should be handled for the hole hci device because this would be a
security issue.

Thanks,
Manuel

by Manuel Naranjo

Hi Marcel,
> a security level 0 doesn't exist. So I would propose that you read the
> specification first before making some untrue claims.

Sorry you are right. There is 1 2 and 3 right?
I'll try to get a book that explains this things, actually I want to get
more into the bluetooth specs, so this is a good time.

> BlueZ is using security mode 1/2 by default. The difference depends on
> the running services. Again, check the specification to understand the
> difference.

Ok thanks a lot,
Regards,
Manuel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,

> I know, that's because the phone is using security level 0. I want to
> know how to set it from the bluez side.

a security level 0 doesn't exist. So I would propose that you read the
specification first before making some untrue claims.

BlueZ is using security mode 1/2 by default. The difference depends on
the running services. Again, check the specification to understand the
difference.

Regards

Marcel

by Manuel Naranjo

I know, that's because the phone is using security level 0. I want to
know how to set it from the bluez side.
> Most phones don't require pairing when using obex push (not obex ftp). =

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Manuel Naranjo