2008-01-23 02:07:03

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Bug in SDP example?

Hello guys,
I've been tracing a bug in part of Tadas work (obex-data-server), and I
finally found it, it was related to sdp records calls, the dbus
interface specifies to use array of byte, while he was using array of
int. So I replaced
DBUS_TYPE_G_UINT_ARRAY for DBUS_TYPE_G_UCHAR_ARRAY, and valgrind stopped
blaming about bugs.

Strange is that the example at this page:
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/DiscoveringServices

Seems to have exactly the same problem in the D-Bus glib example. The
D-Bus function call that has an error is this one:
dbus_g_proxy_call (adapter_proxy,
"GetRemoteServiceRecord", &error,
G_TYPE_STRING, address,
G_TYPE_UINT, *((guint32 *)handle_array->data),
G_TYPE_INVALID,
DBUS_TYPE_G_UINT_ARRAY, &record_array,
G_TYPE_INVALID)

I'm not 100% sure, but I've been through both hcid and sdpd sources from
the latest bluez libs and seems like I'm right. It should say:
DBUS_TYPE_G_UCHAR_ARRAY, &record_array,
Instead of:
DBUS_TYPE_G_UINT_ARRAY, &record_array,

Any of the gurus out there can confirm this? I don't want to fix the
example if it's all ready all right.

Thanks,
Manuel Naranjo
Wireless Cables Inc. http://www.aircable.net