2008-01-28 08:25:13

by Alexander Werle

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Display text on remote device

Hi!

I'm working with BlueZ and OpenOBEX to discover devices, bond to one of

them and send a file to the remote device. In general there is displayed

a dialog on the device if I want to accept the file containing the name

of the file which is send. Is there any option in the BlueZ api to

change the text of this dialog, or to trigger the device to show another

one? Maybe it is possible to send a simple text message to the device,

but I haven't found anything helpful in the archive or the web.

Alexander Werle
Telefon 0261/50086-19
Telefax 0261/50086-29
E-Mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
http://www.huebinet.de <http://www.huebinet.de>

HUEBINET Informationsmanagement GmbH & Co. KG
Maria Trost 23
56070 Koblenz

Sitz und Registergericht: Koblenz HRA 5329

Pers?nlich haftender Gesellschafter der KG:
HUEBINET GmbH;
Sitz und Registergericht: Koblenz HRB 6857

Gesch?ftsf?hrung:
Frank H?ttmann; Michael Biemer

Der Nachrichtenaustausch mit HUEBINET Informationsmanagement GmbH & Co. KG, Koblenz via E-Mail dient lediglich zu Informationszwecken. Rechtsgesch?ftliche Erkl?rungen mit verbindlichem Inhalt k?nnen ?ber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden, da die Manipulation von E-Mails durch Dritte nicht ausgeschlossen werden kann.

Attachments:
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Alexander Werle

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Display text on remote device

Thx for the fast reply!

Is there no option in the BlueZ api to send a short message text to a mobile
device which is directly displayed on the device? =

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
generally the dialog box text is implemented in software of receiving =

device. In case of mobile phones this is in the firmware so
is not controllable from remote computer.

Alexander Werle ha scritto:

> Hi!
>
> =

> I'm working with BlueZ and OpenOBEX to discover devices, bond to one of
>
> them and send a file to the remote device. In general there is displayed
>
> a dialog on the device if I want to accept the file containing the name
>
> of the file which is send. Is there any option in the BlueZ api to
>
> change the text of this dialog, or to trigger the device to show another
>
> one? Maybe it is possible to send a simple text message to the device,
>
> but I haven't found anything helpful in the archive or the web.
>
> =

> =

> Alexander Werle
> Telefon 0261/50086-19
> Telefax 0261/50086-29
> E-Mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
> http://www.huebinet.de
>
> HUEBINET Informationsmanagement GmbH & Co. KG
> Maria Trost 23
> 56070 Koblenz
>
> Sitz und Registergericht: Koblenz HRA 5329
>
> Pers=F6nlich haftender Gesellschafter der KG:
> HUEBINET GmbH;
> Sitz und Registergericht: Koblenz HRB 6857
>
> Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrung:
> Frank H=FCttmann; Michael Biemer
>

> Der Nachrichtenaustausch mit HUEBINET Informationsmanagement GmbH & =

> Co. KG, Koblenz via E-Mail dient lediglich zu Informationszwecken. =

> Rechtsgesch=E4ftliche Erkl=E4rungen mit verbindlichem Inhalt k=F6nnen =FC=
ber =

> dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden, da die Manipulation von =

> E-Mails durch Dritte nicht ausgeschlossen werden kann. =

> =

by Fabrizio Guglielmino