2008-09-14 08:14:06

by Fabien Chevalier

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Some Audio error handling fixes.

Hi Marcel,

> Hi Fabien,
>
>> Updated patchset attached !
>
> does connection_lost() handles a positive error message properly?

Yes. This is the change line 30 of the patch.
Only thing connection_lost does is call finalize_discovery().

>> Luiz: I tried to find some doc to get started on gitorious but didn't
>> found any... how to i create my remote clone ?
>
> I would prefer having a tree to pull from, because that makes my life a
> lot easier.

I'm on it... :-)

Regards,

Fabien

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabien,

> Updated patchset attached !

does connection_lost() handles a positive error message properly?

> Luiz: I tried to find some doc to get started on gitorious but didn't
> found any... how to i create my remote clone ?

I would prefer having a tree to pull from, because that makes my life a
lot easier.

Regards

Marcel

by Fabien Chevalier

Hi Marcel,

> actually the convention is that if it is a return value, then we use a
> negative error value. If it is a parameter, we use the positive one. So
> the connection_lost change is wrong (it was wrong before though). Please
> fix this too.

Ok, that might be quite a huge patch though... it has been that way for
so long... virtually every function will be impacted :-(

>> While reading the latest code, i noticed common/error.{c, h} is gone...
>> There's a new one in src/, but with only one generic
>> error handling routine. I have the feeling this is a big step backwards,
>> as DBUS error names get duplicated into each service
>> again and again, paving the way for un unmanageable level of error
>> strings fragmentation :-( What do you guys think ?
>
> It is not a big step backwards since we are using libgdbus error
> functions now and there are more simpler. There is a problem with the
> strings returned for a specific error, but I don't really thing it is
> that big of a problem.

Ok i see the thing now. By that i guess that all error handling outside
of g_dbus_create_error are on their way out ?

I guess those ones should be replaced with g_dbus equivalents ?
./src/adapter.c:static DBusHandlerResult error_failed(DBusConnection *conn,

./src/adapter.c:static DBusHandlerResult
error_connection_attempt_failed(DBusConnection *conn,

> In the long term we might get btd_error_* or alike functions since then
> the plugins can use them. However right now every plugin has to handle
> its own errors.

Thanks for the explanation,

Cheers,

Fabien

by Fabien Chevalier

Hi Luiz,

Thanks for the quick answer,

I'm gonna have a look to that right away...

Fabien

> Hi,
>
> Looks good to me, can you configure a git tree to pull from? If you
> don't have a host you can use http://gitorious.org/projects/bluez,
> just create an account and clone repository.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fabien,

> While running tests on bluez-utils lately i found a number of big and
> little error handling issues.
> Attached patchset fixes all of them :-)
>
> Can anyone have a look to it ?

actually the convention is that if it is a return value, then we use a
negative error value. If it is a parameter, we use the positive one. So
the connection_lost change is wrong (it was wrong before though). Please
fix this too.

> While reading the latest code, i noticed common/error.{c, h} is gone...
> There's a new one in src/, but with only one generic
> error handling routine. I have the feeling this is a big step backwards,
> as DBUS error names get duplicated into each service
> again and again, paving the way for un unmanageable level of error
> strings fragmentation :-( What do you guys think ?

It is not a big step backwards since we are using libgdbus error
functions now and there are more simpler. There is a problem with the
strings returned for a specific error, but I don't really thing it is
that big of a problem.

In the long term we might get btd_error_* or alike functions since then
the plugins can use them. However right now every plugin has to handle
its own errors.

Regards

Marcel

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

Looks good to me, can you configure a git tree to pull from? If you
don't have a host you can use http://gitorious.org/projects/bluez,
just create an account and clone repository.

-- =

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa=E7=E3o