2006-11-16 07:39:00

by Andy Spencer

Subject: [Bluez-devel] WiiMote driver

I've been thinking about purchasing a WiiMote when they become
available in order to start working on a linux mouse driver for it.
Since it communicates using bluetooth this seems to be the most
appropriate place to do development. Anyway, I've never done much with
bluetooth or drivers before so I'm going at this as a bit of a
learning project. If anyone else is interested let me know. I'll be
reading though source code, but if anyone has any suggestions about
where to start or what documentation to check out let me know that as
well.

by Andy Spencer

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] WiiMote driver

Just some follow-up. I got a wiimote today and did a little bit of
looking around at it, It does seems to support HID, however I'm not
entirely sure how to use it yet. I put up a wiki at
http://spenceal-3.student.rose-hulman.edu/wiimote/ with some
additional information I got off of it.

On 11/16/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> > I've been thinking about purchasing a WiiMote when they become
> > available in order to start working on a linux mouse driver for it.
> > Since it communicates using bluetooth this seems to be the most
> > appropriate place to do development. Anyway, I've never done much with
> > bluetooth or drivers before so I'm going at this as a bit of a
> > learning project. If anyone else is interested let me know. I'll be
> > reading though source code, but if anyone has any suggestions about
> > where to start or what documentation to check out let me know that as
> > well.
>
> it depends a little bit on which profile(s) they actually support. My
> guess would be it is HID or AVRCP.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann